What color of yoyo string is used most?

Now I use the green string.

I would be extremely shocked if it wasn’t the traditional highlighter yellow.

7 Likes

I think It’s white. Because most people when started with yoyo ( or just play) is use it. And for players it’s serious is the highlight yellow.
(Sorry sorry for english)

5 Likes

That is true, when I was a kid all yoyo strings were white…

3 Likes

For the general public, white. For players who are serious enough to even just know about this fourm…highlighter yellow hands down.

3 Likes

Green

1 Like

mostly neon colors

1 Like

I mostly have neon yellow just because it was the most readily available … the standard.

But I prefer orange for raw colors (titaniums in particular) and white for everything else. I find the neon yellow clashes with a lot.

I clearly remember over 20 years ago, Duncan would pack yo-yos with a ‘black’ string.

Not only was it hard to see(for some) but it was the Worst quality string that I remember.

It wanted to coil, no matter what you did.

It was about as rough as packaging cord.

Decades later, I still don’t have any idea why they thought a junk string was going to be ‘good’?

To answer the question… I think over 50 percent of throwers use neon yellow or neon green or white.

All the other colors and combos make up what’s left.

Personally I have kinda faded out on having a favorite color.

If the performance of a certain string impresses me, I don’t care what color it is.

But my go to color is usually neon yellow, simply because of its’ better visibility against most backgrounds.

7 Likes

Neon yellow all day and all night.

4 Likes

I’ve been on an orange or pink kick as of recent.

3 Likes

I love white and green those are my go to

2 Likes

I really use whatever color I have in the size/softness I’m interested in using. Recently I’ve been buying blue and pink string when possible.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is the garbage you speak of. It’s the worst.

1 Like

Neon yellow or white

1 Like

I try to keep my strings organized by Color.

White = Cotton for Fixed Woods
Yellow = Standard
Green = Medium
Orange = Fat

That way when I find the thickness I like for a specific yoyo/responce, I just switch color for color. Each color may have several types of materials/coarseness.

I then select other colors for the Boutique Strings I like to play with. Again each one has a repetitive color to know what I have on what throw.

Just my method to my madness.

3 Likes

Neon yellow. I will use neon green if I have to. White if I wanna switch it up.

Every other color lacks vibrancy, I find, and it makes it more difficult to see where the string is during complex movements.

1 Like

I’ve tried a variety, but agree, the brighter colors make finding placement easier against normal backgrounds. Yellow is pretty universal.

That said , Nightmoves orange is great, P44 green is pretty bright, and Alphaline orange/pink looks good, too. I just recently picked up a batch of baby blue Sochi, though, that while far more muted, it’s also pretty easy to see. It also looks fantastic on my gray Top Deck and clear Emotion.

4 Likes

I m pretty sure fluoroscent yellow is the most popular string color ever. White is second and pink and yellow (I typed yellow for some reason I meant orange) r prolly quite near for the third place.

1 Like

Night moves went from cart to ordered. Those blues look good w the yo-yos and I’m stoked to see the orange.

2 Likes