What brand do you Stan?

Sengoku YYR and UNPRLD all do have a signature design trait so it does make sense for someone to like them all or none

UNPRLD is kind of like a budget TP which I think is really great. Pure competition driven designs.

And with Sengoku I was around when they started and were redefining how good a model could be while still being unique. They used a unique material to make the Masamune which was being called the Draupnir killer, they were the first to use and popularize 7068 with the Kenshin, which was compared to the Sleipnir as the greatest monometal. Although a little gimmicky, they were the first to create a modern trimetal. The Forge was a more beefy 7068 monometal since the Kenshin was so light. The Masamini was definitively the best mini yoyo around and the first mini bimetal. The Hattori was what the Breathe should’ve been. I think they bring out the very best in each model they create.

3 Likes

@sfyoyos !! I have very single one of their releases.

5 Likes

duncan metals, yyf and sf

6 Likes

None of them. There are brands that I prefer, but none of the brands that I prefer would I ever consider buying every single throw that they release. I only pursue what I like. And what I can afford lol

9 Likes

This!!

3 Likes

OhYesYo, G Squared, and a distant third would be I :heart: YOYO.

5 Likes

At different points I’ve owned every Spinworthy model.

16 Likes

OD and A-rt.

5 Likes

A-rt because their local

2 Likes

Damn, you’re dedicated.

2 Likes

I have quite a few Hspins. I love their quirks.

2 Likes

I could never commit to owning every yoyo from a company I like. If I could, I suppose I’d choose Onedrop.

5 Likes

YYR, ILYY, and A-rt

…Well, older YYR at least, back when the aesthetic and use of engravings was more simplified.

I like the clean minimalist designs of these three companies and how design elements are used as a signature across their different models - for YYR, it was angular shapes and flat cups, for ILYY it’s the cup “bump” and beautiful finishes, for A-rt it’s the flat cups with organic shapes.

I guess I have a thing for clean cups, what can I say?

So yeah… I stan unbranded designs with clean, minimal, lines that are aesthetically and functionally pleasing.

3 Likes

AntiYo

7 Likes

A-rt anti yo and ilyy.
The only a-rt I don’t love is the sucction. It’s great but not really for me. I can’t bring myself to sell it though because it so pretty even though I tried to. I am two away from a full metal set.

Anti yo I only have one but I love it and want more.
Ilyy is amazing too however I recently sold my noctu to make room in my case. I will probably regret it one-day but o well. Not my shape.

I think od is the best machine shop however. I don’t love all their throws but their quality is second to none.

2 Likes

I really like Duncan. I was an early 2000’s yoer and so the company makes me feel a lot of nostalgia. I loved my freehand 1s and the Duncan Cold Fusion is still to this day one of the coolest looking yos ever IMHO.
Plus they’ve really stepped their metal game up since! I can’t believe how smooth and long spinning yo-yos have become.
I’ve been enjoying my Strix today.

1 Like

2sick, and Yoyorecreation have been the one’s I’ve actively pursued.

Opyoyos, whenever more come out, I own most of the throws that @chaosgow has designed and they are all great. I consider the 543 an absolute must own.

I own almost all of Reticulated’s throws also, though I didn’t set out to do that. It just kind of happened… that’s a Stealth Stan or something. Great throws.

I’d say G2, but there’s too many ultra rare G2 throws out there so I just grab something when it works out. I usually don’t have time to play the G2 drop lottery.

4 Likes

The lack of availability of some companies’ yo-yos has always driven me crazy. I’m generally the type of person who prefers new to used, and I’ve always hated limited release products of all types because it makes me feel pressured into making a decision before I’m 100% sure. I like to take my time evaluating something before i commit to it.

With limited releases you’re trapped between committing to something you might not like after the fact, or realizing after that you would have liked it but didn’t have the time to discover that before it was too late.

4 Likes

It swaps for me all the time. It’s been CLYW, it’s been YYR, it’s been A-rt, it’s been SPYY, it’s been lots of companies.

Currently it’s @sfyoyos. The Statment and both Cadence/Cadence ES are phenomenal. The ES is quite possibly my favorite of all time.

On a side note, can anyone who owns both the Statment and Bliss compare the qualities of play? @durfee ???

3 Likes

The honest truth for me. My one and only rule :cry:

5 Likes