What are your favorite yoyo freestyles, and why?

The real reason why that freestyle was so awesome was because of the music. That’s his secret to his tricks. :stuck_out_tongue:

For people who are lazy:

One of the best freestyles I’ve ever seen. Mind-numbing tricks, it’s cool to see how amazing Grant Johnson has gotten after practically disappearing for a year.

I just watched this, and I wonder why you say he should have been desquilified? what part was illigal of the routine?
[/quote]
He shouldve been disqualified because the 2012 BAC rules said that you cant have the yoyo thrown until the music starts.
[/quote]
i did not know that, thanks

Before I start my list, I’m seriously surprised nobody has popped up with Ando’s 08 worlds freestyle :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s on my list of best freestyles not only for the insane arm tricks, but the freestyle construction. It’s still one of the best freestyles out there in terms of choreography, flow, and body movement

Yuuki Spencer 2007 Worlds: Groundbreaking freestyle. Yuuki changed how people construct and perceive competitive freestyles with this one through his trick choice, choreography, and music choice.

Mark Montgomery 2008 Worlds: Class. Best way to describe this one. MarkMont’s chopsticks mastery along with his composure

Yuuki Spencer 2009 Nationals: One of the best freestyle bar none. One of the strongest displays of Yuuki’s technical expertise and freestyle construction.

Jensen Kimmitt 2011 Cal States: Surprised people don’t talk about this freestyle much. A very different freestyle from Jensen’s worlds routine, yet still incredibly strong

Christopher Chia 2011 AP: Broke Mickey’s streak of dominance at AP with a stunning display or horizontal play and body tricks.

Anthony Rojas 2011 Nationals: Rojas’ insanity. Only thing I don’t like about this one is the pink string on the blue background…

Hiroyuki Suzuki 2012 Japan Nationals: One of Mickey’s best. So well put together and so well linked with the music

My list can go on, but I feel like I’m posting too much for now. Some of my favorites were already listed too.

Here’s a link to the Takahiro Iizuka freestyle someone mentioned earlier though. Love this one. Tech insanity. I have no clue how these tricks work together, but they do.
http://youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3ODM3OTgw.html

No kidding I figured it would be online for sure when I looked for it. Nowhere to be found. One of my old favorites.

This is not true. The no throwing until the music starts is designed to keep people from getting multiple attempts to a mount prior to time starting. What happened with Paul was a short delay from the announcement of his name to the music starting which didn’t impact any of his routine. Even if it did, all that would have happened was a restart of his freestyle as is standard with music issues.

Also, no contest has ever had disqualification for starting early. At most there is a deduction but the 2012 BAC rules did not call for a deduction for throwing early.

Nathan Crissey
Bay Area Classic Head Judge

1 Like