What are you throwing today?

May I ask why? Is there an advantage to that? Better responsiveness to it?

I am using my recrev 1st gen octave today :slight_smile:

Sounds cool! How do you like it?

I got the idea from a forum discussion some time ago. It seems to sleep a bit longer and of course I can use cotton strings. I do not think it is any more responsive but I do like it. As far as why, well why not. I have a large collection of Butterflyā€™s so experimenting with an old extra was no hardship. I did it because it was there and it was a fun projectā€¦

Okay, good enough reasoning for me :wink:

Ti.

Shu-ta
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/8cd9ba75fde0be24f7a88a8e0019d4e9.jpg

Been pretty much non stop with the Tundra and Moonshine since getting them. Tundra is really making me rethink a large part of my collection and my need to keep some yoyos.

Dude, THIS ^^

Now I hav not gotten a moonshine yet but it is my next buy in a few days.

These have been pretty much the only yoyos Iā€™ve touched (outside of the yyf oh-gee) the past week.

Moonshine!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160824/7e5089a958007a0ca698aa6ebca35e2e.jpg
old school fun in a metal throw!

1 Like

Phoenix and Atlas, all 5A today.

Nightmare

Tundra has done the same to me, itā€™s too darn good and I canā€™t stop throwing it. That and my Evora are enough fun that Iā€™ve decided to sell off stuff that I thought I never would. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll miss the Fulvia BTM-R and Sovereign, but the Tundra and Evora are getting all of my play time anyways, so the others will be put to better use in somebody elseā€™s collections hopefully.

This week Iā€™ve been splitting time between The Cabal, Golyat, and Diffusion. All of them are very nice, but the Cabal easily tops this group with the best spin time, smooth play, stability, and build quality. The Diffusion is a close second, and I really like the feel of this yoyo. The DS bearing is fast becoming my favorite. The Golyat is fine, but canā€™t match the other 2. The spin time is significantly less, as well as stability. I think itā€™s the overall design. I did throw a DS bearing in it and there was a marked improvement, but not enough to catch the Cabal and Diffusion.

I also recently got my very first metal yoyo: A MarkMont Classic! The thing is off the charts sick, but Iā€™m very new to modern yoyos, so going from some nice plastic to the MMC was quite the epiphany. It does everything well, at least what I am capable of. Havenā€™t spent much time with the MMC, but Iā€™ll be doing that this weekend and next week. One thing I noticed right off was the sound it makes. It resonates, kinda sings on the string. You can really hear the 10 ball bearing. Is this normal with metal yoyos? Almost all my plastic throws are very quiet, with some close to dead silent. I put a DS bearing in there and itā€™s still singing, with no apparent change in play. Just wondering what to expect with metal throws, since Iā€™m so new to themā€¦

Depends on the yoyo, and itā€™s the same with plastics. Different yoyos will have different sounds due to how the material is distributed in the design of it. From what I remember of my MMC, it definitely had more of a harmonic sound than than a lot of yoyos. Titanium yoyos ā€œsingā€ even better. I think the MMC might sound like that because it is a huge bowl shape, with an inner lip for grinding that would reverberate some noise around and amplify it. If it plays fine then it most likely is fine.

1 Like

Radian #255

I made it non-responsive and carried it around all day. Major improvement. Really fun little throw.

#moxon

1 Like

Sharkā€™s Honor

DV888. Been playing mine nonstop for the past week after getting sick of my horizon. Awesome yoyo, really fast and solid.