What are you throwing 2024?

Prescription

27 Likes

I have been throwing the Unparalleled Informel for the last few days. I also tried out a slightly longer string than usual.

24 Likes

That’s a nice splash on that. How do you like the longer string? I tried linger strings maybe 3 weeks ago when I started trying Beefhook. I’m now taking them from the floor to my sternum and I like it pretty good. Took some getting used to of course.

2 Likes

Jonathon A Deleon is the man who anod 5 for Alchemik. He has done some insane ano. He’s got a spiral Grail that’s mind blowing.

2 Likes

Thank you! I knew his name but couldn’t figure out how to spell it :rofl: He really does amazing stuff!

2 Likes

I like it, and it didn’t increase my ding ratio, lol. It’s not that much longer, tho. I went from around 100 cm to about 106 cm, or maybe a bit longer since it has stretched a bit. It’s a cheap string with a pre-tied knot, so I just went with the length it had. When I started yoyoing, I had a 120 cm string, which, in hindsight, I think is way too long for me. Longer strings give nicer-looking slacks, but they can also make some slacks and hooks more tedious because they don’t move as fast.

I also really like the acid wash. It’s based on the work of a German photographer and artist called Wols.

2 Likes

The quail demands finesse, and ime recessed response really helps calm him down.

I tried to make my string longer couple of days ago, I tested it for 2 days (for now I do from the upper part of my belly button till floor, is quite a short string as I am a short guy), I tried to make it longer from my sternum.
After 2 days I have to say that it didn’t worth it, I sort of lost a lot of accuracy, speed and control.

I tought a longer string can help me with slacks but is was exactly the opposite in my case, I was missing my slacks so much more and the only good side is that the slack is quite big and nice to look at, a longer string give for sure a bit more room for some types of movement but in general for me and my play didn’t worth it.

When I shortened it again I noticed again a lot more accuracy and speed in general (also on the slacks), much a better result for my type of play

5 Likes

From just above the belly button is where I started and I can say that at the sternum it definitely starts feeling like a loooong string. I did it to help get more loop on the Beefhook but in general it is getting close to feeling in the way. Before I made it this long I was tying off at around 2 inches below the sternum and I have to say I feel like that is a great sweet spot. It gives every moment a bit of breathing room without feeling like things are out of place. Give that a try. You could just take the sternum length one you have now and shorten it to that length to try.

1 Like

You can fix every day, you don’t have to wait until fixed axle Friday (and fixed tip Friday) to put the right thing in your pocket.

25 Likes

YWETi MK II & Kitty Fat

@lytelvin

30 Likes

Throwing the Homage zero around today, waiting on some French onion soup and a Rosemary garlic butter mushroom burger (medium) :kissing_closed_eyes:

21 Likes

:point_right:Draup:a modern classic;)

34 Likes

I used to have one but now its gone :pleading_face:

1 Like

C3 Galaxy Diver

Trade from @chaosgow 🩷

28 Likes

I finally started playing shorter string a few months ago. I used to cut it at my sternum. Now I do bellybutton and I gotta say, I noticed an immediate improvement in my accuracy.

It felt like a huge level up.

3 Likes

AL7 Pilgrim

26 Likes

I know it’s only Wednesday, but the weekend is on my mind.

40 Likes

That murdered out (as my son would say) Weekender is too cool. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen one.

3 Likes

blackout weekender >

2 Likes