What are you throwing 2024?

All beginnings have an End :wink:
What are y’all ringing in the new year with?

46 Likes

Closing out 2023 and ringing in 2024 with my all time favorite… Klondike baby :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

48 Likes

38 Likes

new thread :slight_smile: throwing the gulch i got engraved at nationals while playing a murder mystery game

38 Likes

Man I should slow down on the rum I’m seeing double :crazy_face: love to see it.
Gotta love a nice 3A pair. :grin:

7 Likes

52 Likes

Ringing it in with what might be my new favorite color throw, the Dune I’ve always had my eye on.

34 Likes

Just got these two for Christmas, now they’re my two favorite (R4 and Moonlight)

30 Likes

Getting back into 4A a little more

25 Likes

Still 2023 on the west coast lol!

7 Likes

Well either way, Happy New Years ya’ll! :partying_face:
I’ma eat some yummy food and swing around my Mustang a bit :blush:

22 Likes

wilderness(Al7075) :yum:

26 Likes

Well, still happy enough about my 2 tone D Runner, I was inspired to ring in the new year by turning my all black titanium thesis to a two tone also.

The black finish on the yo-yo was done very well. But to me, every time I looked at it if I didn’t know it was titanium. It certainly didn’t look like it. Sounds like it but doesn’t look like it. It just look like a well-made black yo-yo. Not my cup of tea.

Now I think with the natural look of the titanium, the visual impact, at least to me, is just better. Because it looks like what it is… A titanium yo-yo.

At midnight when my neighbors were trying to light up, anything that explodes and makes car alarms, go off, I was in my shop, taking the black off the body of the yo-yo, and giving it a medium brushed kind of finish… Nothing special… Still trying to figure out if I want to give it more brushed, type, look… Or possibly brighten it up some more… But the way it is now is like a utility finish as far as I’m concerned because I’ll probably be throwing it more.

So at one something in the morning, I was throwing this sucker around and honestly I don’t even remember how well the thing played? And I’m shocked and have to tell you that this yo-yo is one of the best playing yo-yos I have. As a matter fact, I’m kind of puzzled that my first impression wasn’t half as good as this last impression.

As far as titanium, yo-yos, go, I seldom if ever heard anything or hear anything about this particular yo-yo. So, at least from my point of view, this thing is really underrated. And when people do discuss now and then titanium yo-yos that really play well, I think this Thesis should be right in the middle of the conversation because it’s just that good… And I got a whole lot of titanium yo-yos.

And this one is right at the front of the pack. I will certainly be reaching for it more often.

It was pretty interesting to be inside, running a commercial lathe and removing the finish from the yo-yo, when outside my garage it sounded like a battlefield. I’m standing a foot and a half back from a 12 inch commercial Logan lathe that’s making the coolest sound of power in motion. And outside the people are blowing up things that are setting off, car alarms, and rattling windows.

Anyway, happy new year to everybody. Looks like we survived to start all this stuff all over again for another year hopefully and on and on.

Wishing everybody on this forum and everybody that all you guys and girls know the best of health, wealth and good fortune.

Here’s a few pics>

39 Likes

First Session in 2024 with two of my favorite Caribou Lodgers…

29 Likes

Iceberg, Rectifier, Stealth:

28 Likes

2 tone Ti gonna be all the rage in 2024. Looks great.

10 Likes

Another year, another day, another opportunity to throw my ZGRT El Mijo

Happy New Year

32 Likes

The Sonic wave was a xmas gift, and traded with a guy on here for the Silenus.

The are very close to each other in size and shape, but are completely different to play.

I think the Silenus is my favorite mono metal so far.

Happy New Year.

27 Likes

Don’t have a lot of room in my pockets today.

35 Likes

1Ades

24 Likes