What are you throwing 2024?

Brandon named it! It’s one of Doc Pop’s “Super Black” variants. They’ve all been patreon exclusives, as far as I know.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of longer string personally, I cut mine at the base of my sternum. It helps me play a bit slower/less rushed I think and helps make things feel a bit more ‘flowy’ and yoyos feel less dense. It also helps avoid things feeling very cramped when I’m doing tech as I get more space during dense string formations.

I do think it makes tricks where you want to move a lot of slack quite quickly harder though and it does require being a bit more deliberate on larger zoning tricks and the like (which is why I think short string is much better for new players). At a certain point maintaining precise control gets harder with long string as well.

All preference at the end of the day of course but it’s interesting hearing people’s different experiences.

4 Likes

G2 Elite 23’ that Unicorn Fade!

28 Likes

Damian Puckett x YYFr Alliance

33 Likes

Eat good. Yoyo gooder. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :fried_shrimp::crab::butter:
Homage zero tonight with some buttery fingers. :yum:
Playing with my new Datavac Electric Duster. :face_in_clouds:

25 Likes

This Puffin 2. I wonder if anyone remembers what made these different?

33 Likes

G2 SL1000 today

31 Likes

Connection :scream_cat:

30 Likes

nice warcrack mug!

3 Likes

warcrack is right LOL

3 Likes

Hades!

30 Likes

been a while for me but those were fun times!

2 Likes

Time to get Kraken

31 Likes

i’ve been playing 20 years and the last 3 expansions ive been more into the game and taken it more seriously than i ever have.

5 Likes

Spent my lunch time with this Classic…

34 Likes

I’m playing with these. Turning Point Point Breaker, Turning Point Counter Jet, Yoyorecreation Upheaval and a Yoyorecreation Liminal Autoscopy

38 Likes

How’s the liminal and counter jet? And would buy both again?

1 Like

Both are excellent. The Counter Jet surprised me on how much fun it is. The performance is fantastic and during play I don’t get a feeling of its size, feels as if I’m playing something larger. Does have the typical Turning Point weight feel but that feel isn’t strong. The Liminal feels very balanced in speed/weight and horizontal, rejections are great. I like it a lot and it’s just very enjoyable to play, doesn’t feel as if I’m fighting it to do something.

Edit: yes I would buy both again. If something happened to them I would go for the Liminal first.

Edit #2 since these are so pricey I was thinking about my most played with and it’s easily the Japan Tech FGAL. That and a NSK platinum is a fraction of the cost and it’s outstanding

6 Likes

A Duncan Butterfly.

36 Likes

Awesome thanks for the response. Tell me, did either of them give you that “wow” feeling on the first throw that we get sometimes with certain yo-yos?

1 Like