What are you LISTENING to today?

I discovered Hopsin about two days after his “Sag My Pants” video dropped, and I was hooked. I was bumpin him when he had less than 1,000 fans on Facebook… it was the coolest “Underground” artist I had found in a while. Short while later, after I had become Obsessed with Hopsin…I had been at this Bar I had been frequenting, which is like the most popular Dive Bar in my city… which was typically a venue for local Metal and Punk… The Bartender tells me… “Have you heard of Hopsin?”…

I was like “Yeah man! Have you!?” he was like… “He’s coming here”… I was like “WHAT!?.. ARE YOU PULLING MY LEG!!!” I thought he was pulling a Joke on me. Anyway, long story short…Hopsin came to my favorite bar, and I met him and it was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. This small room was jampacked full of people, we were all sweating but it was super hype. Everyone was jumping around and going stupid. This was before Hopsin got into stage diving, and there was probably less than 100 people there. Amazing, amazing show.

He also skateboarded outside of the Bar and we all egged him on to do tricks down this small stair set. Great guy… He seems to be letting his Label go to crap by letting SwizZz’s brother take over though… Honestly sucks watching that happen to his Label when he founded it based on Independent Rap and not screwing people over.

Matter of fact, that show was sooo good, I still have the ticket in my Wallet… From 2011

I love Underground Memphis from the 90s. Trying to get all my fav stuff on cassette format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLhZvjwGM9Y

1 Like

Michael Jackson of course.

“Stranger in Moscow,” what I’m currently listening to, is not one of his more well known songs but it considered his most beautiful song by many.

Say anything

Macklemore

Was listening to the Justin Timberlake’s “The 20/20 Experience” just now while walking the dogs. I have eclectic tastes, but I’m no music hipster… I’m quite happy to listen to top-40 pop when the mood strikes. So I’m not hating on Justin or being all “cooler than thou” when I say that this is an awful, boring album. Every song is way too drawn out, the lyrics are boring, and the beats are mediocre.

The first single, “Suit and Tie” is the only bright spot. Couldn’t help dancing a bit as I walked. Other than that, garbage!

Luckily I also had some Neverending White Lights on my phone, so I swapped it out for the last couple songs of the walk.

I love Justin Timberlake. He’s my man crush. I think one of my videos has him in the background and I’m surprised nobody called me out, Laf. Anyway, I agree. I was very disappointed with 20/20. I first heard Pusher Love Girl from a video recorded of a performance at a Super Bowl party, and I fell in love with that song. Then I heard the album version. and when he starts going “My Heroin, My Cocaine, My MDMA…” thought it ruined the whole song. Quite sad.

Suit & Tie gets my groovin a bit, unfortunately I have a disliking for Jay-Z :confused: So when I get to him, I either start from the beginning or go to a different song. Haha.

Spaceship Coupe; I loved this song. So dope. “You… you… you…”

Tunnel Vision; Typical Justin, but lacking something special

Don’t Hold The Wall; I considered deleting this track so I would forget it existed.

Let The Groove In; Who In the heck advised Justin to make this song? What is this!? I wanna smack everybody involved in this.

Overall, this album doesn’t even compare to his Greatest Hits. Suit & Tie is clearly the best song on there, even though I liked Spaceship Coupe… but this whole album feels extremely rushed, not thought out, half the songs are too long… I’m so glad I pirated this

@SkyHighYo: agree with everything you said! Although I don’t even have a hate-on for Jay-Z. I think he’s probably the most overrated rapper to ever reach mega-stardom, but I can listen without fast forwarding. :wink:

Today I shall listen to some more Kimbra. Then some Neil Finn! Kiwis for the flawless victory!

Neil Finn, “She Will Have Her Way”: http://grooveshark.com/s/She+Will+Have+Her+Way/4I8oUe?src=5
Kimbra, “Come Into My Head”: http://grooveshark.com/s/Come+Into+My+Head/4Lpfhq?src=5

Pretty much anything by Purity Ring. Mainly this:

Love them. Every song they put out is gold.

WE’REUPALLNIGHTTOGETFUNKY
WE’REUPALLNIGHTTOGETLUCKY

Today I’m listening to some Just Surrender and Chiodos.

Lecrae
Don’t waste your life, Jesus muzik, the drop,

Swedish house mafia
Greyhound

Delta Heavy-Empire
Best track ever

One day when your musical taste matures, you will look back at this song (fondly) and laugh about how you once thought it was the epitome of music. :wink: Until then, it’s not a bad piece of fist-pumping music for its genre!

You convinced me to listen to it. I threw up a little. But give the other guy some mercy; he’s 12.

I’m head bangin’ to Twisted Mind - Avantasia.

Started off with Lupe Fiasco then
Kendrick Lamar

Later in the evening moved on to some,
System Of A Down

Then I ended up with some Dubstep by UKF

You convinced me to listen to it. I threw up a little. But give the other guy some mercy; he’s 12.
[/quote]
I gave him mercy by saying it wasn’t bad for its genre (a positive enough review to have you listen to it, apparently!) and you’re the one who said you threw up a little. :wink:

Brostep isn’t my cup of tea anymore but can understand why people like it.

Can’t wait to see what Panda Bear made with Daft Punk.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are you currently listening to?