What are you doing today?

Sitting in the drug store waiting for a Hip A vaccine. And posting on the forum.

3 Likes

Pick up a sudoku book for me while you are there, okay?

2 Likes

https://sudoku.com/expert/

https://www.websudoku.com/?level=4

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! I rock my sudoku old school - paper and mechanical pencil. Itā€™s an oasis for me. I love it. I love the pocket-sized books.

6 Likes

I actually did too but itā€™s been so long that I donā€™t remember it. Also I have atrocious pen-holding techniqueā€”I apparently hold my writing implement like a leftie even though Iā€™m a rightie :face_vomiting:ā€”so Iā€™ve been training myself back into a good writing posture/grip. Actually found cursive drills to be super useful in that regard!

3 Likes

Actual writing is so rarely done nowadaysā€¦

2 Likes

I was hanging out with my brother, throwing as i always do. When one of the patients next door noticed and asked me to show them something. Next thing i know i was walking into each roomā€¦ put on 15 personal shows, messed up a bunch but no one noticed. In the process i actually learned a new bind.
Anyone know the name of this bind ?

6 Likes

One handed laceration bind - try doing two whips instead of just one! Makes it flow better :wink:

5 Likes

I totally found it by accident. Iā€™l try to double whipā€¦ all this while trying to learn a hook. I should have guessed the name.
Thanks for the tip

4 Likes

Also known as the ghost bindā€¦and when you end up in a knot I like what @French calls it haha (getting in this knot will happen less and less the more you use this bind)

5 Likes

Actually no, theyā€™re totally different. The laceration bind is a frontspin bind. The ghost bind doesnā€™t involve whipping the string into the gap, you whip the string up next to the yo-yo, then without moving the rest of the slack you make a little circle around the yo-yo that it falls into, creating a proper backspin bind with the slack.

4 Likes

Nice catch! Sorry for the misinformation!

Great job on finding it on your own @AKYOYOMIKE :smiley: Glad you were able to throw with your bro!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool. I bet that was fun and made a lot of people happy.

4 Likes

I collect virtual cards over at www.neonmob.comā€¦nothing serious, just casual for me. Iā€™ve never spent any money thereā€¦though I have been collecting for 3+ years now and have tens of thousands of cards.

And I love to help others. A big part of the site is trading cards with other members to complete sets. Well, I love to send people really hard to find rare cards just randomly to be nice.

I just got a message today saying my account has been given a permanent flag for going against their TOSā€¦they accused me of oppening several accounts and funneling cards or something. lol /sigh

One of the guys that runs the site actually took the time to sit down and chat with me.
A lot of people spend a ton of money on this siteā€¦and thereā€™s a lot of artist who make money from it. So itā€™s unfair that I give these rare cards to people so freelyā€¦itā€™s like Iā€™m letting them cheat. They donā€™t have to pay for or earn these cards.

But the way I view itā€¦is if I died today, what would happen to all the cards in my collection? They just sit in my dead account collecting virtual dust. I love being able to help othersā€¦it always feels good to randomly make peopleā€™s days with awesome trades they werenā€™t expecting lol.

The guy was super cool and understandingā€¦he dug through my trade history and can see that Iā€™m clearly not using mutliple accountsā€¦and he made a compromise with me. I can still give my cards out to peopleā€¦but I need to cut it back to 3 times a week. I can do so on Friday, Saturday and Sundays.

ā€¦
lol what a dumb little drama this is!
:stuck_out_tongue:

I need a life! lmao

9 Likes

I think id try and get him in the apartment in these tough times, if hed stay the company would be great for you.

1 Like

7 Likes

lol puzzles drive me crazy. How long have you been working on this one?

3 Likes

Been working on it with my daughters for last 2 days!

4 Likes

awesome, im not a cat person. only cats i like are the ones that act like dogs lol. thats great what you did for him, id be the same id never see an animal get in harms way or be hungry and id feed it every day like you. the problem id have is id want him in with me all the time, if he took to me like he has you. id be worried all the time if he was ok being outside an all. i realise hes an outdoor cat but still. good on you buddy brilliant what youve done for him he seems really happy

3 Likes

No pets allowed. We spend time together throughout the day. I could be evicted if I brought him inside. He was born outdoors and itā€™s where he has always lived.

3 Likes