What are you doing today?

Currently eating a lozenge that is burning out my nasal passages.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how you know itā€™s working.

2 Likes

Spaghetti for breakfast is totally win.

4 Likes

Any updates on this @jasonwongzero? :smiley:
Would love to hear how things are goingā€¦how cool your telescope isā€¦discoveries youā€™ve made!

3 Likes

Hi Curtis! I have been learning slowly. Itā€™s all set up and the computerized goto mount makes it super easy (too easy? :)) to find visible objects. So far Iā€™ve seen many stars, from red giants to bright blue ones. Iā€™ve also seen a few planets: Jupiter (although I wasnā€™t able to get a really clear shot due to poor conditions), saturn with a great view of the rings, uranus and neptune. The moon has been amazingly beautiful. Although I have the adapters for my Sony Nex Dslr, I havenā€™t had time to mess with it too much. I did manage to get a nice moon photo this morning though with my Samsung S10+.

My backyard isnā€™t really dark, so I canā€™t really see any nebulae or other deep space objects from my location. Will need to move to a darker site and/or get into timed astrophotography.

9 Likes

Amazing setup and pic! Canā€™t wait to see you photo some deep space stuff!!! Iā€™ll bet youā€™ve got dark enough skies for Andromeda! It takes up the entire view!!! Canā€™t remember if itā€™s visible this time of year thoughā€¦ The great Orion Nebula is pretty bright too and one of my faves! Happy hunting!

4 Likes

That photo is absolutely stunning!

Itā€™s one of the nice things about living in a small town just beneath some mountainsā€¦weā€™ve got very clear skies. Me and my mom use to take trips up to the mountains so she could go watch meteor showers through the night.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful shot of the moon. Iā€™ve seen Saturn through a telescope once a long time ago. I wish I could remember it more, but I just remember how seeing the rings for myself made it seem more ā€œrealā€ to me.

2 Likes

nice shot, man! i just got a small tasco and have been doing a bit of research and spotting. pretty fun! good for the kiddos, too!

today iā€™m hanging out at home and perusing the forums. thinking about making some strings for lols. i havenā€™t done that before, so itā€™ll be fun. just bought a few new-to-me yoyos off BST, so strings and bearings are on my mind.

probably going to get a bit of ā€œpracticeā€ in later. heh heh

2 Likes

just got done siliconing some throws and gave my catchy air a new paint job

6 Likes

Your silicone looks pretty good AFAICT. What kind of silicone is it?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Wondering if I should put all on hold and yo-yo in the park for a while.

Then do a wash. Living large.

6 Likes

Playing The Outer Worlds and enjoying a nice, veg weekend.

6 Likes

Working. Itā€™s a slow day. Weā€™re taking shifts of the shift. Itā€™s the perfect time to have a yoyo. Ask me if I brought a yoyo todayā€¦

Ah well. I have sometime to plan a string rig and plans yoyo case. Also thinking of holsters. Idle hands and allā€¦

I hope everyone is enjoying fall.

3 Likes

My brother put his dog down yesterday:(

4 Likes

Make sure to check back in on Saturn from time to time as the rings change angle. Sometimes they are nearly edge on other times they are angled almost face on and look like ears! Have you been able to see the shadow of the rings cast onto the planet or resolve the Cassini division yet? If your skies are a bit light polluted then globular star cluster will be good targets. M13 in Hercules is super bright! Good Luck!

4 Likes

:frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

My mother and father in law are hosting their annual Halloween party tonight, so Iā€™m getting drunk and trying not to think about how negative everythingā€™s been lately. At least I donā€™t have to go it alone though.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a good book

1 Like