What are you doing today?

Took the kids to the park ordered a new throw worked… Ugh I’m tired lol

1 Like

Which one? :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh sweet! 2 cool throws for the price of 1!! Plus a cool box!
And I LOVE green! :smiley: :green_heart:

Can’t wait for you to get these in!

2 Likes

I just drove all day across the country to enter a yoyo contest being held in a yoyoexpert retail store. I didn’t think they were going to let me sign up because I was a few minutes late…but when I asked, the staff just laughed and told me I was the only one there that has signed up so far.
On one hand it was kinda cool cause that would mean I’d auto-iwin and get some cool prizes and stuff.
But on the other hand I was really bummed out because I REALLY wanted to meet some of the people from these forums lol.
But then Tom from Throws’N’Brews shows up to sign up and he’s a super nice guy and was really cool to talk to. He REALLY wanted me to try out his glow in the dark Butterfly XT haha. He did a bunch of crazy tricks with it.
And finally Ann Connolly showed up to sign up. She was just as much of a sweetheart as she is in her videos!
The staff had things set up and were about to have us do our 3 minute routines.
And then I realized 2 things.
1.) I was going to actually have to get up on stage and yo in front of people. lol when I decided to go to this contest I thought there’d be so many people who signed up that I for some reason wouldn’t have to actually compete.
2.)…with all the excitement and hanging out with Tom and Ann I’d put my case with all my yoyos in it (except my Endgame) down somewhere…and now I realized I didn’t know where! I started to panic, but then they called Tom up on stage to do his performance. He was amazing…but I spent most the time looking all over the store for my case.
I told Ann and she was super sympathetic, but I didn’t want to screw here performance up because she was worrying about me.
But I couldn’t help it. My case was gone! Someone took it! I was devastated and even started to cry haha. I have so much invested in these things!
One of the shop owners (a very well known yoer…not connected with yye though) just started to laugh about it and was telling everyone that I’m the idiot who put my case down in the first place, and how much of a moron I was for bringing every yo I owned in the first place…and then Tom just exploded in anger. He went off on the dude for being such a jerk to me and what not and stomped out of the store. :heart: :fist_right::boom::fist_left:
So then it was time for Ann to get up on stage. She started but no one in the crowd seemed to care. Like they were super bored. I was so upset about it! :frowning:
Some people outside on the street walked past the store and everyone inside started to watch them from the window instead of Ann…and then the jerk tom went off on started to whisper to other people…totally not paying any attention to Ann.
Then with a look of complete defeat, Ann quit mid routine :frowning: :(.
I was so angry…went off on the dude and everyone in the crowd, then me and Ann walked out of the shop to go join Tom.

Then I woke up.

TOO LONG DIDN’T READ:
If I ever go to a competition, I’m going to find a way to have my yoyo case surgically attached to me.

9 Likes

Your dream is more exciting than my day. The most exciting part of the day so far has been watching the poll I put up for which color Variant I should buy. If you haven’t, go vote.

Oh, and I took the dog for a walk.

I DID do a bunch of yoyoing yesterday. I nailed pop the clutch! Woo!

4 Likes

Well, you learned something withouth actually having to suffer real consequences haha

2 Likes

I’m excited for it too!!

1 Like

What a Dream! Sure beats the extra slow zombie Dream I had last night!

1 Like

I really want to hang out with Tom from Throws’N’Brews now! haha
And I think I kinda sorta love Ann (let’s just be honest…who doesn’t!?). :heart: lol

4 Likes

I don’t. I’m not really a big fan of her content, it’s very “typical YouTuber” kind of stuff to me, just with a yo-yo instead.

And it’s not lost on me why she’s so popular either.

Edit: I’m an incredibly cynical person overall though, so keep that in mind.

2 Likes

haha I can be too!

I feel the same way most of the time with most youtube reviewers anymore.

1 Like

I worked from home today in between packing our valuables into the car in case the LA Getty fire gets worse. We are in an evacuation warning area, but some of my friends and employees have already been mandatory evacuated out of the fire’s potential path.

5 Likes

We’ve been prepping for the pg&e power shutdown.

All night Saturday, all day Sunday, and half of today we were shut down. They’re going to cut it off again tonight for an undetermined amount of time.

5 Likes

Oh man. All the best to you guys. Hope everything works out!

4 Likes

waiting for the mail of my order from yoyoexpert :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Cool. What did you order?

3 Likes

Plastic skyva Orange traslucent, string nylon and fat kitty, spacer for my SOMETHING LP, sóchi response, string bulk YoyoExpert poly 100% and string bulk YoyoExpert 50/50 and The yoyo I win in The contest Old school trick sponsor by @codinghorror :grin:

6 Likes

Wow, cool! Hope you enjoy everything👍

3 Likes

Uhhh! The wait!!! lol…time slows to a crawl on those days!

Nice haul!! :smiley: What yoyo did you win? Freaking awesome that you won!!
Any chance you’ll be able to take a photo or 2 of your hault?