What are you doing today?

Since there are Pecan trees all over the property I chose pecan with a walnut stain!

3 Likes

I’m in some serious need of pecan pie now.

Walnuts give my tongue sores that hurt like crazy…which is a shame because they taste so damn good!

3 Likes

wow. you preping your own timber ! full respect.
Hows it work with seasoning ? i’ve never worked with pecan.

2 Likes

Mmm edible floor…

2 Likes

Today I’m learning how to strip! Check it out, you know you want to see!

First go round:

Second treatment:

3 Likes

Well I mean…it’s not a career choice I’d make…but I’m not judging you man!

3 Likes

Guys gotta make a living somehow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not prepping my own lumber for the wood floors, but I do have this sawmill and a big stack of lumber drying for future projects!!! Bought 22 acres of mostly hardwoods last year with the intention of building a complex of tiny houses and a stream restoration training center one day!!! Have plans to build a yo-yo shack too!!! My Dream is to make yo-yos using lumber milled on the property then turn them with a foot powered lathe and use no power tools.

4 Likes

Time to take a break from house building, and to spend all your time toy making!?
We can call you TheSantaGnome!!

3 Likes

Yessir, that’s Fire Emblem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s a pretty good crash course on how to get started using Davinci…dude does a great job of explaining things!
It is a 40 minute video though…

4 Likes

Finished removing the ano from the cups today. Sanding will have to wait till the weekend I think.

5 Likes

What are your plans with this yo in the end?

1 Like

Mirror polish finish. I’m kinda interested in learning to do custom ano too—my brother can actually help me with that as he’s done some anodizing before.

1 Like

Ah, that sounds like it’ll look super nice!
I know they did the christmas edition of the shutter…but it’s not mirror finished.

s-l500

3 Likes

I use this editor almost daily and its amazing

3 Likes

Stuck in Ripley, West Virginia doing data entry of yesterday’s survey data.

2 Likes

Lady in the library I work at using the computer today talking to her kid:

“Daddy said he didn’t have a Tinder account but he does, now mommy is very angry”

Lolololol

6 Likes

i made a treadle lathe, well nearly. the only bit i sorta failed on was the crank, i used a couple of bicycle pedals fitted togetther, unfortunately the mod i did for connecting them was too weak and sheared. As soon as i get hold of more cycle parts i’m giving it another go. I used the frame and connected a power drill to it and hey presto a wood lathe (sort of :smile:). I got the design from an American wood worker who only worked with hand powered tools. If i can find the book i’ll post his name.

4 Likes

Sounds cool!

2 Likes