What are you doing today?

I’m glad everything turned fine. That must have been horrible

2 Likes

Been having some super weird dreams ever since I stopped smoking herb. Last night I was at some type of campground/resort/sport complex (yes it was weird) and I wanted to go up the escalator to a particular part. There was a guard at the base of it that asked to see my backpack and I tried to pass it off by showing only certain pockets but he found the drugs I had. I gtfo as fast as I can. Next thing I know there’s a manhunt for me and my family tries to help me hide in the woods.

I spend the rest of the dream trying to get to my family’s car and escape, going through a child’s camp that has built an elaborate tree house and finally getting back to my family on a football field. Both of these things are part of the resort area that I started at, and at one point apparently I was a giant Pokémon store.

My brain is messed up.

6 Likes

That actually sounds pretty normal for me. I think this is just an example of a typical herb free dream…

3 Likes

Went to the pumpkin patch. It was 95 degrees. A cool afternoon for southern Arizona, even I’m October. Had a foot injury all week and thought it was better. Currently icing my ankle with a toddler passes out on my chest. Pretty good day so far.

5 Likes

Man!!! That’s rough!!! Glad you’re doing better though. That whole process sounds pretty terrifying!

3 Likes

I’ve been working on converting this guy fieri chefs knife into a Japanese style honesuki knife. This is an extremely delicate process, so not to over heat the blade and ruin the temper. Super fun process though

11 Likes

Images didn’t upload properly…sounds neat though!

2 Likes

Just fixed it I think :thinking:

2 Likes

All fixed!
Have you ever thought of making a video of you doing this? Seems really interesting!

2 Likes

It’s crossed my mind, but I don’t have any editing software, to put one together… I should look into that. Maybe I’ll even film myself yoyoing for once while I’m at it lol

2 Likes

It could become a whole new hobby for you that could actually bring in some fun and excitement to a couple of your existing hobbies :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve made a few video edits back when I was in high school and rode bmx, but it’s been about 8or 9 years since then! I really enjoy the process. I’ll shop around for a software tomorrow! Just cause why not lol. Thanks twitch!

2 Likes

I’ve been obsessively researching and studying astronomy and astrophotography in anticipation of my first telescope arriving tomorrow!

I’ve debated diving into astronomy for many years. (I tend to wiffle and waffle about new hobbies before going in deep.) When I mentioned it to my Dad he told me it was something he had always aspired to learn about but was always intimidated by. Since he and the rest of my family will be staying with me for Thanksgiving and he’s getting older, I decided to take the plunge. Hoping for clear skies tomorrow night.

11 Likes

Holy heck…I just google searched that beast and wow! :flushed:
That’s super cool! I love diving into new hobbies and it’s always nice when you can start out with high quality gear!
I love that you’ll be able to share this thing with your dad here shortly too!!

3 Likes

I’ve made the same mistake enough times to know that when I get serious about a new hobby that I inevitably end up all in. (See: yoyos, anodizing, reef aquariums, folding bikes, air rifles, recurve bows, stunt kites, saltwater fishing, watches, fossils, etc, etc.)

… unfortunately, this has also become the way I justify over spending.

5 Likes

You just blew my mind with this!!! Great work!

3 Likes

I’ve had the Astronomy bug bite me before too! Get the moons of Jupiter app and you’ll occasionally be able to see Jupiter, one or more of its moons, and its moon shadows cast onto the planet! Provides the greatest sense of depth in planetary objects. The great Orion Nebula is my fav deep space object. Here is my scope! The most fun part is the learning though!

6 Likes

Wow that’s awesome Throwing Gnome!

I’m really forward to checking out jupiter and its moons. Hopefully my area is not too light polluted because I’d like to be able to observe directly from my backyard.

Like you said, the most exciting thing is feeling like there is this whole unexplored subject ahead. Lots to keep me occupied for a long time.

6 Likes

Man astronomy is sooo much fun! I took it in high school, and my teacher was incredibly passionate about her work. It really is incredible learning about the universe, kind of mid blowing really! If y’all ever get an opportunity, y’all should come to Texas and go to the McDonald observatory way out near El Paso! It’s so dark out there that you can’t see your feet if you look down at night!

4 Likes

I’m studying Astrophysics in college! It’s awesome and interesting.
I really need to get a telescope, I don’t have one yet but I’m interested.

6 Likes