What are you doing today?

Went fishing for the last time for 2021, got to see a fish plant in action (fish waterslide!) but most importantly, caught a nice little trout!

11 Likes

Nice trout. Whatā€™d you catch it on?

1 Like

Mepps Aglia #3 gold spinner

1 Like

A Mepps spinner can slay em on the right day fo sho.

Writing, as usual. Also, chewing a stick of Orbit gum.

1 Like

Getting ready for a show at my jobā€™s WinterFest event (Iā€™m a spot op), last run for the night :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Assembled lego Ringo!

12 Likes

the plastic 45 rpm adapter was the only thing that was out of tune ā€¦ I turning one in aluminum and I anodized it ā€¦ say itā€™s better this way ā€¦

11 Likes

My wife and I just worked out a deal to buy a house! A few more steps and lots of money to go but weā€™re gonna be homeowners this year!

11 Likes

Use the word ā€˜turningā€™ in future. ā€˜Lathingā€™ is not a word. :wink:

Recovering from covid (that I never knew I had). Iā€™m now noticing the long term effects after the initial onset including being winded from basic tasks (like putting on my shoes), tired at end of work day once I was cleared to return, and what seems to possibly be brain fog. Was exposed to it mid January and this thing side stepped any vaccine efforts I made. Oh well, thatā€™s 2022 for meā€¦

3 Likes

Just hanging out with my girl todayā€¦ She was getting ready to feed the cats and she noticed her favorite cat wasnā€™t in his favorite spot.

So, she figured it was such a nice sunny day out here in California, Spanky must be in the bedroom window getting some sun.

And that is exactly where he was.

Unfortunately, he was DEAD.

He looked just like he was sleeping.

My girl was Crushed.

I didnā€™t even pick up a yo-yo today. When somebody is seriously upset, somehow having a little fun does not blend into the program.

Hey, Iā€™m not saying this for sympathy. No matter how well you take care of a pet, they all eventually fade out.

This isnā€™t an intentional Public Service Announcement, but let old Mo tell you something>

For any/all of you that have any kind of pet. Realize that only 4% of all domesticated animals ever find/have a permanent home.

So whatever pet you: rescue, adopt, buy, etc., when it eventually dies, focus more energy on how you prolly spoiled it every day of itsā€™ life. And you enjoyed each othersā€™ company all that time.

Any time a rescue dies on me, I always get this ā€˜hollow feelingā€™. Like Iā€™m hungry even if I have just eaten. I actually donā€™t feel like eating or watching funny movies or posting my silly responses to posts on the forum. I just replay fun times in my head and recognize that tomorrow is another day.

Sorry I made no attempt to ā€˜be cleverā€™ today.

Life is a series of episodes that just arenā€™t always fun.

Poor Spanky.

11 Likes

I corrected, thanks!
in order to speak with you I have to rely on translators ā€¦ and not always with satisfactory results. :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Today wasnt the best day on the forum

@AngryGumball I wish you the best recovery possible.
@yoyodoc I wish you and your girl some good vibes, knowing that Spanky had a good Life among you.

:cry:

1 Like

Iā€™m heartbroken at your loss. Itā€™s so difficult. Iā€™ve been in your position and even though itā€™s been 9 years I still cry sometimes. Joshua is my profile pic.

1 Like

I hope youā€™re feeling normal again soon, buddy!

1 Like

Had to say goodbye to my old (2004) Hyundai Accent and hello to a new (2020) Accent. My inspection was due at the end of the month and would cost more money to keep on the road than I could save in a year. I bought it new in 2004. With a car payment and higher insurance I doubt I will be buying any yoyos for a looooong time not that I really want any anyway.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss, but congratulations on the new car! Hopefully you have many years of trouble free miles, making tons of happy memories along the way.

2 Likes

Thank you. Itā€™s something I stressed about for a year and half or two. I finally had enough money for a huge deposit. So many memories connected to plastic and metal. I said goodbye to the old girl a few times today as she served me relatively trouble-free for 18 years but PA roads and weather caused a huge amount of rust and rot and mechanically / engine wise was beginning to go. I drove that car for 1/3 of my lifeā€¦

7 Likes

Congrats on the new wheels!

3 Likes