What are you doing today?

Today I’m catching up on a bunch of these threads I missed out on during my yo-hiatus. Can’t believe I missed @yoyodoc telling the world to put some juice on it!

3 Likes

Last night SeaWorld did a celebration to kick off its Halloween Season. VIP guests and bigwigs of the park were attendees.
It is both the 20th year of Howl-o-scream and a reveal night for the new haunted attraction, The Swamp at Blackwater Bayou.

Really hoping some video floats up online of our fireshow.

Edit: boom!

7 Likes

Nice, that was you with the barbell?

2 Likes

I bought a pop up Coleman Newport trailer. I’m pretty stoked.

4 Likes

Wanting to go out on the balcony to install an antenna for my ham radio but this guy glares at me - enough to keep me inside. Hope he sees lunch down in the parkland below and will dive off the antenna’s mounting place.

14 Likes

I’m KE6FXB, mostly on 90cm also on 2 meters here in California. Welcome to the club Sir!

2 Likes

Thank you and good to hear there is another ham on this forum. I’m trying to get back on the air after moving here a few months ago. Its slow going but it will happen. Like to operate on 40 meter CW - heck that is about where all the operating I’ve done over the last few years takes place. Call is N5CTC. My new antenna will be aimed at 6 land to hopefully talk with friends there and hope to hear you sometime too, 73.

4 Likes

Oh my God, no one has wished me 73s in decades!!!
Thanks buddy!
KE6FXB clear and mobile on your final.

3 Likes

You guys are giving me mad flashbacks to my childhood. Both parents were truck drivers and ham operators. KC7INJ and KC7INK. Man that’s a trip down memory lane.

4 Likes

My wife thought she could scare that guy off but the broom didn’t phase him.

2 Likes

Get your ham license while you can Sir.

4 Likes

I thought about it a few times, but never did it for three reasons:

1. I don’t want to study. Worst part of school.
  2. I really REALLY (like super duper really) do NOT need another hobby.
    And this one may hurt.
  3. I have a cell phone.

I understand the reliability factors, and emergency preparedness and all that, but I also don’t care enough to invest the time, energy, and money.

Who knows though?! Maybe you change my mind?

2 Likes

Gig tonight, it’s gonna be lit!!!

Now just to keep my energy through the work day. I’m gonna need it later, this is one of my favorite gigs to do and these folks get wild with the fun.

4 Likes

Going to work like a good Chef. Dinner service coming up!

4 Likes

Day 5 of 12 on the Appalachian Trail

18 Likes

I didn’t take a scenic excursion into the beautiful wilderness like @TheThrowingGnome , but this stuffed mushroom and caprese dinner was pretty tasty.

10 Likes

My wife surprised me with a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure for my birthday. Great trip. Yoyoing while sitting in line has made the trip much more enjoyable.

13 Likes

I recently went to a much less famous, local theme park, and being able to yo-yo in line makes a huge difference!

7 Likes

Measuring crayfish and snail pee to see if their food and environment change nutrient cycling rates. Here is a pic of my set up.

image|666x500

5 Likes

That sounds… fragrant!

4 Likes