What are you doing today?

Updated inventory.

Could be worse.:disappointed:
Check back in a couple weeks.

6 Likes

I taught my cub scout den how to yoyo, but it was sloppy :expressionless:

5 Likes

Trying to memorize the steps to solve the last stage of a cube. This was a lot easier at 17 than it is at 61. At 17 I bought a Rubikā€™s cube and a book, and the next day I was going around showing people how I could solve the cube in under 3 minutes. Okay, donā€™t laugh. Back in the late seventies using a cheap, stiff Rubikā€™s cube with no lubrication under three minutes was a REALLY good time. There was no internet with videos on speed solving, and there were no fast cubes with magnets.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s great though! What was ā€œsloppyā€?

I used to be good with those crappy plastic cubes.

Old timesā€¦ I cant solve one today withouth peeking at the algorithm.

Signing up for a Covid shot. Who knows how long the wait is. I was out of town when I became elligable so I am in the back of the line.

Edit: Surprisingly I was able to book a shot on Monday morning at the Walgreens a neighboring county. Second round a month later. Iā€™ll be glad to get that over with. As a counter to any ban affect from the shot I may buy myself a new yoyo as a get well soon present. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As long as no one gets injured. :slight_smile:

Representnā€™ YYExpert on my roof I while do some chimney repairs.

7 Likes

I have a friend who owns a chimney repair business. Great guy.

1 Like

I may need some help on this one @Niekro! I had to build a platform with supports on each side to give myself something to stand on. It took everything I had to drag the contraption up onto the ridge of the roof and slide it over into place against the chimney. Tomorrow Iā€™m gonna make a modification to it and then secure it to the chimney. Iā€™ll have to mix mortar on the ground in a bucket and haul it up with a rope, then replace about 15 bricks and repoint the chimney. Itā€™s gonna be an intense day! Iā€™d estimate Iā€™m about 40ā€™ up in the air! Iā€™m thinking about fashioning a harness out of rope OG repelling style and secure myself to the chimney to be safe.

3 Likes

Wow, best of luck, man. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Day one of the chimney repair went well. I was able to secure the homemade platform and had no issues working off of it today. Used about 60 pounds of mortar and was able to do a lot, but still have two courses to go to finish. Ended up having to replace more than expected as it seemed like any brick that I even touched wiggled loose and had to be removed, cleaned and replaced. Fashioned a pulley system for a rope and bucket which I made my wife continually fill with fresh mortar, water, and snacks while I spent about 6 hrs confined to a 2ft x 4ft piece of plywood perched on top of the ridge. I ended up feeling stable enough to go without being tied in with a homemade harness or anything.

Sore and tired now. Good times.

4 Likes

Let me know if you need help eating the snacks.

1 Like

Finished the chimney repairs today! Now Iā€™m gonna install a pipe for a wood stove and a chimney cap of some kind.

3 Likes

Well done!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a pest control technician for 13 years. today I had my third interview with a new company, and I am now a regional branch manager!

9 Likes

Congrats @Ian_Bender!!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much man

2 Likes

I just got a job as a pest technician. Starting in two weeks.

3 Likes

Awesome. Congrats man!