What are you doing today?

Dude you are so baller eating the pizza while flashing the #1 by your ride! Congrats on the win! Sounds like fun.

1 Like

Hoot!

3 Likes

Is that your Jeep? That’s a nice Jeep.

2 Likes

Thanks! She’s a drinker, but I love her.:wink:

1 Like

Resting. . .
I twisted my foot on the street… danm…

2 Likes

If I was younger I would try ice skating in my driveway.

5 Likes

Yeah, sounds like a real hoot there. Hope things stabilize for you guys soon.

2 Likes

Went up to sunny (and eventually very windy) Lake Del Valle in Livermore, CA to go fishing today with my brother and one of my best friends. My brother landed 2 trout. My friend had a hard hit but it got away and I caught absolutely not a thing.

It wasn’t a total skunk for me though as I was able to continue to work on my casting as a newb fisherman and try out some of the stuff I got for my birthday…My brother got me an Abu Garcia EZ Cast baitcast combo and out of the box, it had very stiff/what felt like thick lubed bearings. I threw some weights/plugs on it and just began casting while I waited for a bite on my other rod and seem to be getting the bearings to break in…reminding me of trying to break in yoyo bearings except I’m not going to attempt to open up a reel and remove bearings to clean them. I’ll just keep casting til they break in nicely :slight_smile:

And then a gust of wind blew my chair into the lake along with my bottle of Dr Pepper and a foam noodle I use to keep my fishing leaders tidy…retrieved chair and soda…noodle got away and is floating out in that lake somewhere…tried to hook it but kept missing.

3 Likes

Working on some anodizing

9 Likes

was that you?

Nope, it’s @yoyodoc

1 Like

Respooled my reel earlier, stock pre-spooled line is usually pretty meh…

1 Like

Anyways, I prefer hot dog juice for my yoyos and I still have all my own teeth too…Thankfully.

Thanks for sharing this classic tutorial. I like snap finger regenerations and glad to see the Ol’Geezer’s not full of arthritis in the hands.

Went fishing once again today (Been doing this a lot lately) but once again no bite. Today was actually one of my more frustrating ones as I hit multiple snags, had a couple line breaks, lost a spinner lure I just bought (only casted 3 times). Anxious to try out my new baitcaster my brother got me for my birthday, turned out that the “EZ Cast” reel it came with is severely flawed. Could only cast about 20 feet on a good cast, spent more time undoing the “birdsnest”. And then it wouldn’t evenly spool back up, rendering it impossible to use. It tried…

Further insult to injury - had several strangers moving rather close in on the area I was at giving me little area to cover, kid kept throwing large rocks into the water…yea, that’ll scare them off!

4 Likes

Baitcasters take quite a bit of practice to cast well. Especially for lighter tackle, like what is typical for trout. The answer is to sell enough YoYos to buy some proper fly fishing gear!!!

This particular caster is supposed to actually be geared to kids (Abu Garcia EZ Cast), has a brake that automatically stops the spool when your worm/jig hits the water. An adult couldn’t even get the thing to work…imagining how upset a kid would actually be if this was their first fishing experience. For some reason, despite the line guide moving left/right to evenly spool it, the line was getting hung up on this wire pin that’s supposed to engage the brake. Poor design…when it birds nest’s upon retrieve instead of the cast…

When I got home, my brother gave me a normal baitcaster (as he upgraded his rod to a little higher end reel)…got it dialed in and did some practice casts with a plug. Was a night and day experience, gonna take this back out tomorrow and put some time in on it :slight_smile: Down the road I’ll upgrade to a little higher quality setup but for now, gonna put some hours in on this and actually try and catch a fish before spending anymore money.

2 Likes

Just like in yoyo. The yoyo doesn’t make you a great yoyoer, but some things just can’t be done on some yo-yos.

Same with proper gear in any endeavor. Glad you got something that doesn’t limit you!

I enjoy fly fishing in particular because you get the learn the aquatic insects that the fish are eating and create flys to mimic them. Tying flys and catching fish with them is like making your own yoyo and the string then learning a trick with it!

4 Likes

Got “nope’d” by FedEx (First time FedEx’s 2-day has failed me), package (Toonie) was supposed to show up tomorrow…4 days later, FedEx still has it somewhere on the east coast…Can’t fault YYE for this but this is unfortunately the first snag I’ve ever had…USPS wasn’t exactly smooth either on the last throw I ordered. Guessing the weather back there/most of the US is still pretty bad.

I’ve been on a streak of bad luck lately it seems.

1 Like

The Greenhouse Saga continues…

Dangerous conditions for South Texas!!!

Five days of below freezing temperatures, two of those where it snowed for 10plus hours, and no power for most of the five days have led to a state of death.

My Red Sister Ti’s are ok(they went in the house), but today I’ll be assessing full damage and determining what may come back.

5 Likes

Watching the rain. Two weeks ago my county suffered from ice storms that left 60 percent of the population without power. Yesterday we had the highest flood stage in 40 years and it is still raining.

3 Likes