What are you doing today?

I’m supposed to get an MRI tomorrow. It’s not the pain in my neck and shoulder that’s that bad, but my left index finger, and parts of my thumb and middle finger went numb with the pins and needles feeling which has been unrelenting for weeks now so I’m really hoping this isn’t just permanent nerve damage. :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Aw, geez. I’m hoping it’s something that can be resolved which I’m sure it is because it’s probably nothing a doctor has seen in other people before. Let us know it goes!

3 Likes

Good energy for a good recovery- best wishes!

3 Likes

Evening fishing session at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk wharf, caught some tiny fish!

5 Likes

I was cleaning today and found some old stickers to send me down memory lane, the THP stickers are the size of your hand. I thought THP was so cool when I was a kid, i’ve got some of their loopers in my attic. Jitter Rings were the same thing as the ring that One Drop makes.

Also, a few weeks ago I was bored, and never used these energy dome side effects so I made my own ‘anti-yo’ style effects.

2 Likes

Just finished up migrating from the big honkin’ server on the bottom to the smaller one on top. I put together a Plex server for my parents w/ parts I had bought to build one of my own about 4 years ago not realizing how huge a case supporting full E-ATX motherboards (i.e. rack mount mobos) are. So while the server went from two Xeons w/ 24GB DDR3 RAM to a Celron w/ 8GB DDR4, the transcoding power is roughly the same if not better thanks to the addition of QuickSync aka hardware transcoding; the box on top (an HP ProDesk 400 G4) was only like $90 on eBay too, can’t beat that. Only hiccup I had was having to convert the boot drive from legacy bios to using EFI since I couldn’t get the drive to boot after fiddling with the UEFI settings trying to enable Legacy boot. After reading a lot it ended up simpler than I thought it would be since there’s an Ubuntu utility called Boot Repair; all I had to do was create a partition for EFI and then run Boot Repair and follow the directions. While it did say there was an error, the box booted up fine and everything is running peachy keen after I reconfigured the network settings to detect the new interface. Now just have to put the old monster on Craigslist lol, something for another day.

2 Likes

Looks like you just need some big hooks and you’ve got some nice bait there! :fish::fish::fish:

No bites but went out this morning at a local lake…

Takes a genius to cast a rod tip into the lake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! We got ice instead of snow. All I have done is fill bird feeders, and watch the birds empty them. I finally got seed that does not draw starlings.

1 Like

Then I must be one too. I bought a 3 piece rod to take on a back pacing trip to Wyoming. I think the third cast all I had in my hand was the last section with the reel on it. Fortunately it was easy enough to reel in the other two pieces.

Yes, about every other day here. I have three of them and two suet feeders. The seed is gone in about 2 days, the suet in three.

2 Likes

I had to get rid of the suet feeders because they were drawing starlings.

1 Like

The starlings haven’t been a problem here yet. There was a small group of about 10 came thru about a week ago. Stayed for about 30 minutes and haven’t been seen since. Mostly I have cardinals, finches, chickadees, nut hatches and wood peckers (hairy, downy and red bellied). Up until it got bitterly cold (-10 to -15 F) they came about three times a day. Now it’s pretty much all day long.

1 Like

Watching these guys

lose to these guys

1 Like

Well, the ice is here. Interstate and parkways shut down. Authorities begging people to stay home. A flood of closures announced for tomorrow. Nothing to do but stay home and throw.

4 Likes

Which bind is that? Most videos teach a beginner bind with lifting the yoyo up and getting it into this uneccessarily complicated configuration. Here’s the simplest bind ever by the Forums very own yoyodoc. Good job on the binds. Just thought I’d share the easiest bind ever.

2 Likes

You’ll find that eventually you will stop pinching the string because it’s not neccessary at all. Just hop it onto the string and let the string do the work. Some people teach pinching because it’s how they themselves were taught but it does about as much good as saying “open sesame” in order to open a door as you turn the door handle with your hand.

1 Like

Strange things are happening in South Texas.

3 Likes

That’s how I do my bind if I’m frontside I keep meaning to learn the nicer ones but haven’t yet… I guess I’ll make it a point to work on thay tomorrow.

You can add a flip before binding to spice things up. I don’t know any other binds.

Not today, but yesterday I raced my friends Miata at a Rallycross, and I got First place in Stock RWD! I raced a Subaru in the same series for 2 years and never got better then 2nd.

5 Likes