What are you currently listening to?

Well happy birthday regardless and hopefully you had an enjoyable day

2 Likes

I just saw Steely Dan live yesterday, so it’s been a Dan-binge all day! Although, I’ll be surpised if anyone here knows who Steely Dan is! :wink:

5 Likes

The two guys were session musicians who started doing their own music. It’s cool stuff but I never had any of their records. The name Steely Dan has origins of which are not appropriate to describe in this forum. My brain is filled with useless knowledge about rock music.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yep, pretty funny.

3 Likes

I love Steely Dan. Aja is one of my favorite albums. Not the biggest fan of their other stuff as I typically like to listen front-to-back, but they do have some great singles outside of Aja.

I’ve also been listening to a lot of Kid A recently. Man, I still don’t know what that record is trying to say. But it’s definitely something. In Rainbows is one I’m willing to skip around on a bit, and Reckoner has been a standby for me lately as well.

2 Likes

Aja is a great one for sure. It’s sad that so many people don’t seem willing to invest the time to listen to an album all the way through these days, only streaming the hits. They are missing out.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I still remember the first time I gave a full album a real chance as a kid. Awesome experience and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I think the first ones were Atom Heart Mother by Floyd and Illinoise by Sufjan Stevens.

That said, I think the attitude among musicians toward writing cohesive albums has suffered a bit in recent years. Hard to make money if you don’t write stuff that gets people interested within the time it takes to watch a TikTok or two. I have a lot of respect for artists who are willing to write new, creative, long-form music in this climate of instant gratification.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

some nujabes (luv) this morning old but classic

2 Likes
1 Like

Jazz session while cleaning bearings. :smiley:

5 Likes

4 Likes

This Gnome album is pretty rad!

2 Likes

Basia “Time and Tide”

2 Likes

Also Discipline by King Crimson. I’m going to see Adrian Belew in Philly this August. Totally stoked.

3 Likes

Aw heck yeah!! I should have posted their video.

2 Likes

Hot and slow sunday

2 Likes
3 Likes