What are the best pads

the best pads are the ones that are pads

2 Likes

When it comes to pads I like a grippy pad. The hard smoother ones really bother me as I have progressed with yoyo. i never thought anything of it, but did find some yoyos I didnt care much for were completely remade by adding a pad more to my preference.

while on the subject I love the one drop floow groove but sometimes since tthey are thinner there is too much recess , does anyone know if the flowgroove thick pad are more standard in terms of their thickness?

2 Likes

Yes. I think so.

no, sadly they are much thicker than standard 19mm slim pads.

1 Like

What about the slims?

1 Like

the slims are what chris is talking about above, theyā€™re <1mm thick, standard slim pads are 1.1-1.2mm thick, so the slim OD pads sit with pretty extreme recesses (iā€™ve used them on 3 yoyos before deciding theyā€™re not for me lol)

1 Like

@Mep Well thatā€™s a bummer! Did you use a chisel-edge blade and a cheap high- walled yo-yo as a cutting guide as I described in the tutorial? I havenā€™t had any problems with modding mineā€¦ :thinking: Sorry this happened to you.

I have a set of Saturn rings, but havenā€™t tried them yet. The pink RSO pads are close to being as good as the OD ones; but still not quite as snappy.

1 Like

@Chriscatastrophe @TheThrowingGnome @bheinz63, see these topics of mine that go into detail about pad thickness.

1 Like

Also, @TheThrowingGnome, I have seen some people post about new response pads that One Drop has recently introduced? They look red? Are they discontinuing my beloved clear pads? I have a stock, but Iā€™ve noticed they arenā€™t available anywhere. As a OD expert, please share any details that you may have. Thanks. :heart::yo-yo:

1 Like

Iā€™ll I know is I got the new red pads in the Thorn. They seem slightly less grippy than the OG. Not slippy just different. Also the pyramatte on the Thorn is the best yet. They must have changed the medium a bit cuz itā€™s super smooth. Feels blasted.

2 Likes

my thorn also has the red ones, iā€™ve certainly noticed slippy binds considering the gap size. could also be from the amount of rim weight just being too powerful, but i have to use a ton more string on the thorn to get my binds to work than other yoyos.

2 Likes

i guess i could throw a set of my extra flowgroove pads in and see if thats the root cause of the binds, but considering theyā€™re oos everywhere i think im going to hold onto them for when i need them lol

3 Likes

I think the less sticky Pyramatte finish on the Thorn may be having an effect to. Itā€™s the smoothest finish of any Pyramatte OD Iā€™ve felt.

1 Like

I prefer iPads simply more options then any other.

1 Like

i cant tell if this is a joke about the ipad, or if there are response pads called ipads lol

2 Likes

Just a stupid joke could not help myself sorry lolā€¦
But it is the only pad that can order any kid of pad for you!

2 Likes

i figured as much, but given my lack of knowledge on response pads i couldnt be toooooo sure lol

1 Like

I was actually checking the iYoYo shop but they are called iRings. You know I just wanted to make sure :joy:. Not that they get suedā€¦.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™m hoping the Saturn pads are just as snappy. Let us know when you test it! That seems like the best option thatā€™s in stock.

Your steps were crystal clear, I just did it in a hurry and managed to mess it up. Looks like Atmos released some of their own pads (black) that should be very soft/grippy too.

2 Likes

One drop mentioned the pad change awhile back seems to be a supply issue .

7 Likes