What are the best pads

Ive been looking around been playing around with pads what would you guys say are the best pads right now?

Lotta people are going to say RSOā€™s

Theyā€™re good. I like Katana pads too!

4 Likes

RSO Landing Pads are really good.

G2 G19 pads are also really good.

3 Likes

Flowable silicone.

I like that RSO has explanations of their different pads softness/hardness. But tbh I havenā€™t ever gotten around to changing pads in a yo-yo, most Iā€™ve done is replaced sloppy response (out of the box) with flowable; I tend to stick with stock pads. I guess I donā€™t yo-yo enough or rotate between too many for an individual yo-yoā€™s pads to completely wear down.

9 Likes

Rso for sure.

5 Likes

OneDropā€™s Flow Groove Response! I thought these were going to be the first pads that come to peopleā€™s mind.

6 Likes
  1. One Drop Flow Groove
  2. Mowl Black or Natural
  3. RSO Type 40 (though I just put in my first pair of Saturn pads and they are super grippy, these bind nice and tight)
  4. CoreCo Pinks
6 Likes

The best pads ever would be a peel and stick concave pad the replicates a recessed flowable response.

5 Likes

My yoyos that use core co pads are my favorite yoyos

3 Likes

The RSO pads are good but my ultimate favourite is the One Drop flow groove pads. For me, the grabbier/snappier the better, and these are the best and most reliable.
Also, I have developed a simple mod to make OD flow grooves that fit flush in a ā€œstandardā€ 19mm pad well:

5 Likes

There are 19mm Flow Groove pads being sold which are about 0.2-0.4mm thinner (0.7-0.8mm) than the standard 19mm response pads (1.0-1.1mm). I use those for all my yoyos with 19mm pads.

2 Likes

Ya, I use those too. But I find that for me they can be too thin when combined with a centering bearing. So the moded OD flow groove pads fit nicely in between at around 1.1-1.2mm thick.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t this mostly dependent on the yo-yo in question? Is there a ā€˜universalā€™ pad size I am not aware of?

Otherwise; I have always loved IR-pads. Many sizes and no missed-binds.

I also like General-Yo pads. They fit my Ti-Walker.

2 Likes

Has anyone compared the One Drop flow groove vs. RSO saturn (peach, type 30) pads?

I tried your mod and managed to unevenly ruin my OD pads :man_facepalming:

What are the best pads

Well, can you tell me how high is UP??? :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Since 2018 Iā€™ve just purchased whatever pads are cheapest and donā€™t really ever think much of them. Iā€™ve never had any problems.

3 Likes

Same, I got a set of 50 for like 25 dollars and now I donā€™t think Iā€™ll need for a very long time.

2 Likes

Use flowable silicone, I personally love it!

2 Likes

That seems like the tried and tested way. Was hoping the softer RSO pads would be very similar though!

1 Like

yeh, I agree, I just got tired of having to apply, clean, wait to dry, and find out I messed up or made the recess too deep and have to do it all over again instead of just plug and play with the pink pads I got.

For me it was just easier to buy the bunch of pads while on sale rather than hope my bottle of RTV silicone or clear sili hasnā€™t fully dried out yet.

Call it laziness on my part.

4 Likes