Do you use identical response pads on your yoyos or use a combination of different pads?

If you do use combinations, please drop them below and why do you prefer them over identical pads. People who use identical pads, what pads do you use?

5 Likes

What :rofl: different response pads? I never even thought of that. I’m super curious to hear if people actually do that.
I use the standard yoyofactory blue pads, they last me a month or two.

2 Likes

Whatever is stock. 99% of the time they’ll last for years and never have problems. There are some exceptions tho. I put flowable in my colossus 4 bc it’s just so slippery (still slippery even with the change) and my thesis serenade has one side where the pad always pops out if I don’t keep it wound up with string

2 Likes

There must be some madlad who thought like ‘This pad too grippy, This pad too slippy. Lets use one of each of them’

1 Like

Most players just use the stock pads. Using a specific pad is more of a competitor thing ig.

1 Like

Do you know which pads are popular among competitors?

1 Like

No idea man.

1 Like

I keep em stock unless they fall out or get super worn down. I’ll replace them with whatever’s cheap and available at the time. If I can bind, it’s all good.

2 Likes

I’m really into laceration bind regens these days so I’ve been really sensitive to response and sting combinations. I’ve changed out a few to Mowl or RSO Type 40.

3 Likes

Been using the rso pads for all 19mm throws. Flow groove for od and snow tires for clyw.

I experiment with other 19mm pads but these are my most usual picks.

2 Likes

Completely unrelated question but by any chance are u from India?

1 Like

Yessir haha why?

2 Likes

Me too. I saw ur username I was like ‘I gotta ask them’. Feels great to find a fellow Indian

1 Like

Sweet!!! :v:t3:

The modern take on hybrid response systems of old. Lol now I want to see a modern throw with a half Starburst half response pad set up

For unresponsive, I use the same pads in both sides.

The Delrin Gamer came with thin and thick pads, and it seems several people throw it with one thin and one thick:

1 Like

I started like throwing about 3 years ago and I’ve yet to replace pads so I’m both sad and excited my oldies are starting to get a little weird in the response department. It’s cool seeing these opinions. I actually want to silicone my own throws.