What a High Wall yoyo is

When a yo-yo is high-walled the face of the yo-yo is cut back resulting in more surface area of the yo-yo touching the string when it tilts; and a thinner profile. Both of these things are good traits for a freehand yo-yo and any other long spinning style. Also, a higher wall makes for cleaner string rejections, whereas the hard edge inside the gap will force the string out more directly.

High-walling is fairly easy to do on a Duncan yo-yo, but very difficult to do on any yo-yo with an integrated bearing seat, for example the YoYoJam Hitman. This is due to when you shave the face of the yo-yo down you need to lower the bearing seat as well. That is vary easy to do on a Duncan yo-yo because all you have to do is put in thinner spacers of sand the back of your spacers down. On a YoYoJam yo-yo or any other yo-yo that has the bearing seat built in you have to completely re-machine the bearing seat.

After YoYoFactory made the '06 888 they produced a small run of high-walled 888s. These were a big hit so YoYoFactory made high-walling standard on all of their '07 888s and Skylines.

In this picture you can clearly see how a yo-yo would look before (on the left) and after (on the right) being high-walled.

A FHZ High walled

(Copied from YYW, if i shouldn’t have remove immediately or let me know and ill re word it…)

highwall 888s were in 07

Your 100% sure? Proof?

He’s right.

Quick Google search revealed this, as it was posted in 2007 I would consider that proof.

http://yoyonation.net/talk/index.php/topic,15340.0.html

Umm… What? This statement is not any more true for 5A then it is for any other long spinning style.

I guess yoyowiki is full of false info?

If that is where you got that info, then it is at least has some false info.

yep. Ill just start editing it as people post whats wrong…

I own 3.

Oh look, a yoyowiki article that I wrote is being pasted verbatim onto the yoyoexpert forum along with my pictures for no particular reason.

Notice the raw aluminum face on the yo-yo pictured in that thread. That was one of the highwall test yo-yos that came factory modded by YoYoFactory and were sold as a small batch on yoyonation. It was not until the 2008 model that the highwall was a standard design feature. You would have known this if you actually read the thread that you linked to.

[quote=“”]

Somehow i knew the wiki was right xD…

I thought that was your article…

http://www.elmers.com/images/products/hi/photo_E304.jpg

Sticky glue xD?

More like paste, actually.