New arrival from Mowl - The updated HIGH WALL!

From Mowl: The development of the new High wall was started based on the High Wall’s concept of “a model that recognize the original fun of yo-yoing.

Many people have said that they hesitate to throw full metal yo-yos outside, so we have updated the High Wall to make it a yo-yo that people will want to throw outside with ease.

The yo-yo body material was changed from aluminum to PC. It has established a position as a yo-yo that is easier to take out and play than the relatively expensive full-metal yo-yos.

The thicker rim made of PC material increases the spin and durability of the yo-yo, making it strong enough to withstand outdoor play and 5A style.

This model retains the classic feel of the High Wall, while the thick PC rims provide the stability and strong spin.

Releasing Friday, 5/20 @ 8PM EDT.

16 Likes

This ヨーヨー is so good

Regens for Hours on End

12 Likes

Already OTW from Japan. The art work is incredible. Super excited to have this in my hands. Will be a great companion to to my first MOWL

5 Likes

Beautiful! How many of these will be available on YYE?

1 Like

We got 14. Not as limited as other releases, but they may still go fast.

6 Likes

Appreciate the swift reply.

1 Like

I’m a little confused at Mowl’s sell here. They imply that many people hesitate to throw metal yoyos outside because of the relatively high price, so they’re offering the Highwall in PC. But they price their PC offering higher than the price of a nice metal throw?

Am I missing something here or is this advertising angle pure gas?

Ivan

3 Likes

I think their goal was to just make a fun care-free type of yoyo. Something you can throw anywhere without concern of damage. Some throwers tend to be concerned about dinging their metals, but PC is pretty durable and will likely just get a little scuff on drops, even outdoors on harder surfaces.

The price is the same as the Metal High Walls, but the fun/durability aspect is really what they’ve changed in this version.

9 Likes

This is also a relatively expensive yoyo…

4 Likes

Yep, everything is relative.

5 Likes

I’m totally with ya there.

I love Mowl. I literally clicked on this because I was excited about a budget friendly PC throw. But the price point for a plastic is too rich for my taste. I would gladly pay that for 6061 Highwall by Mowl though.

Beautiful art work, and I am sure it will play really well. I also hope they sell out fast. Unfortunately, I won’t be one of the purchasers of the initial release.

I’ll just have to grab the next metal they put out instead! :rofl:

1 Like

I am going to cop one, It is nice to have a high performance plastic to take places. they do seem to hold up better when dropped.

suit yourself suckers =P

8 Likes

I am REALLY blown away by the Mowl Surveil (Polycarb).

I will 100% be picking the high wall up. These guys are putting out some amazing stuff. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Damn you guys are fast lol :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve had my High Wall 2022 now for this last week, and congrats to the 14 who copped last night’s drop. One thing I discovered thats really fun with this model is Talon Pull Starts, the smooth plastic, chunky rim with a slight undercut make this move as easy as on dimples or Hubstacks. As far as regens and laceration binds, the oversized diameter aids on keeping everything straight and consistent, regen repeaters like Unresponsive Laceration Planet Hops are becoming a reality in my play. A lot of fun to be had with this ヨーヨー

14 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett any more of these PC High Wall going to be coming in?

4 Likes

Just ordered my first mowl! I saw a blue version of the highwall a couple months ago and thought it looked so cool. I wonder if these will come to YYE :thinking: shipping was a bit rough from Japan

6 Likes

This worth only for the graphic itself, I will try to take one if I can, have to say that Mowl has such a great art in their products and for now the ones I tried are real quality, I see people spoke already about the price which is quite high for a plastic but this look soooo cool for sure not to be played outside and dinged till death :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, the graphic on the highwall and their other models are fascinating. I really appreciate a company that puts the extra work into making a premium product. They even have the commissioned artist talk about the process behind designing the artwork. Plus I love a good oversized fun yo-yo.

1 Like

As the resident mowl head…. They make great yo-yos .

5 Likes