What 3 yo-yos would you make out of Titanium?

1. 420
  2. VTWO
  3. Imperial
  1. Shutter Wide Angle
  2. OD Overture
  3. Horizon
2 Likes

Triton

6 Likes

Do Titanium throws really have such a profoundly better feel or is it more of a gimmick? I guess you can spark them, but with the price I bet most donā€™t.

1 Like

Donā€™t know. Iā€™ve never had one. Out of my price range.

1 Like

Titanium feels and sounds profoundly different!!! For example the TiCadence is a different animal than the og. Think dog vs wolf or tabby vs tiger thatā€™s what AL vs Ti is about.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll get that fixed for you sir :muscle:

4 Likes
  • Septopus
  • BvsM
  • Stradivari
2 Likes

Ti borealis

I mean I honestly donā€™t know what a ti throw feels like.

Parlay, Quail, 2018 Sasquatch.

5 Likes

The Sasquatch would be crazy

1 Like

Thereā€™s an art to making a great ti. Not many manage it but a few have and it can be wonderful. Itā€™s mostly a sausage measuring contest where the length of your sausage score is replaced by the amount of money you spent on a toy you suck at playing with.

10 Likes

LOL :joy:. But they can benefit you if your an advanced player and do competitions

In what way? Just curious.

1 Like

Not really. Bimetals have way better potential for performance. You can create a very distinct feel with titanium that you canā€™t recreate with aluminium. Very thin walls do have a feel that thicker walls ruin (to me at least). A well sorted titanium can play great. A not very well designed one can play like ā– ā– ā– ā– . Same as aluminium but everythingā€™s turned up to 11

3 Likes

Yeah, but every titanium Iā€™ve ever tried such as the titanium shutter spins longer and has more stability then my bi-metals. Also look at the TP Mustang. Longest spinning yo-yo Iā€™ve seen

Thatā€™ll be because of the desgin, not the material. Iā€™ve played plenty of short spinning and unstable titanium yoyos too. Thatā€™s ok though, because perhaps the designers were going for that as you get a lovely feel you canā€™t get with loads of rim weight

1 Like

Iā€™d like to try a titanium.
One of the forum members here lives close to me, I might ask if he owns any when we meet up at our local park.

2 Likes

The Sasquatch was designed for 5A?

Edit:
Oh sorry, read the post wrong. You just said it is good at 5A, not that it was designed for it :+1:

I would make these yo-yos out of titanium

1. VSNYYC Ti Walker
  2. Onedrop Citizen
  3. Oxygene Oxy Ti
7 Likes