Favorite Titanium Yo-yo

Some neat discussion was brought up by @ohdavidbowie on organic yo-yos and I was wondering what everyone’s favorite titanium yo-yo is and why it happens to be your favorite.

3 Likes

Here’s the obligatory “It’s the only ti I’ve tried so it’s automatically my favorite” post. JT Fossil is my favorite by proxy.

I’d still love to try a Shaqshine Bros some day, but I really can’t see myself ever getting another ti unless I’d sell this which I don’t really have any intention of doing. I like this yoyo a lot, but I don’t love it. I like it enough to not have much interest in selling it, but I don’t like it enough to where I don’t occasionally think “Maybe I should’ve held out and spent the extra money on a Bros instead.”

9 Likes

Probably my iYoYo Titanic.

5 Likes

I’ve only had 3, YYF Ti Dream, Duncan Ti Freehand, and RSO Mecha Bapezilla SE edition. It’s a tough call between the Freehand and the Mecha Bape. I did get to play a Sovereign on Friday and it was pretty awesome.

3 Likes

I kind of had that struggle myself when I was contemplating getting a mustang and also like it but don’t love it. It’s just fun enough to not warrant selling. Never played that particular brand you mentioned but they sell really fast when they come up on the bst. Japanese Ti is hot stuff apparently.

2 Likes

Could you talk more about the sovereign? I will probably never get the chance to play one but it has developed legendary status at this point.

I’m also partial to the mecha bapezilla. It’s amazing.

3 Likes

Did you see that post with the custom swirled ano titanic or was that post from you?

2 Likes

Yeap I have seen it. It’s insane, no idea how they did it.

Here’s the post again:

4 Likes

It was tiny! OD website says:

• Width: 38.4 mm
  • Diameter: 50.8 mm

Super traditional organic shape, high walled. I didn’t play it a ton since I was trying to get through quite a few. I would have liked to spend more time with it though.They had it in the box and everything.

2 Likes

JT is my favorite company, so they’re the only ones I’m able to justify paying a ti price tag for. I wish I could try out other ti to have some frame of reference though, because the Fossil really does feel like no other yoyo I own. It feels stupidly light and nimble while somehow being 65g. It redirects like melted butter and just takes no energy at all to move around quickly. I just wish I knew how much of that was the actual design of the yoyo vs the nature of the material itself.

4 Likes

OD Citizen

Cuz it’s perfect!

5 Likes

Lol that is the best justification I have ever heard.

2 Likes

Luftverk Acadia

I like the shape, weight, and performance. Checks a lot of boxes for me.

5 Likes

RSO Doombot. Feels like a fury warrior.

YYR Wonder. Feels like an arcane mage.

2 Likes

Tinman or purple Ti Peak.
Don’t know.
I don’t have anymore Ti. Sort of traded it away for kitchen knives.
I’m mostly into Magnesium now a days.
Have fun kids!!

4 Likes

It is both: material type and design.

Titanium has characteristics that adapt well to very calculated and refined high performance designs.

The ability to cut certain areas wafer thin and concentrate weight exactly where it needs to be without compromising structural integrity, makes Titanium an ideal choice for achieving Amazing results.

6 Likes

Project Ti
Ti Vayder
Metavity
Titanic

From my collection, but i haven’t thrown the majority of Titanium out there.

3 Likes

Ti triton.

3 Likes

I have three Ti throws… Ti Cadence, Anti-thesis, and Wanker. I’ve also tried a TiVader. Of these, the Wanker is my favorite.

The in-the-hand feel is amazingly comfortable, and it spins a good long time. I really enjoy every aspect of it. It’s also incredibly stable and despite the dings, it’s as smooth as glass.

3 Likes