Weird Yoyo Habits

That is weird XD

Same here !!! Except mine is the opposite :laughing: every time I put away a yo-yo I have to do a frontstyle bind, I can’t just do a horizontal bind and tuck away my yo-yo :sweat_smile: it has to be frontstyle !!! So I guess your not alone and I’m weird too :rofl:

5 Likes

I can’t bring myself to buy yo-yos with names that I don’t find appealing to me. This goes for both company name and model.

6 Likes

I end most of my throwing sessions with a toss off to the throw hand side bind.
I am the worst at remembering what a trick or trick element is call. I call it a throw away bind. That is not the weird yo-yo throw habit.
Neither is this, has this happened to anyone else.

Recently when doing the above described bind. I have had my fingers in a position that the string is underneath my middle and index finger and I do a light tug that leaves my finger in contact or at least very close to the string. When I can hit a nice tight bind. The bind engages, and a whip is sent back down the string that snaps my fingers. This happens with >% frequency with nylon string.
I like it. It feels like I am getting more feel.
Wo that one hurt… more feel for the string.

2 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

Could we have a video of the bind? I can’t picture it.

@Lido this is what I do, you can see that there’s absolutely no extra string left at the end. Just a loop.

6 Likes

That’s neat!

1 Like

I guess on the subject of slipknots, strings fraying at the end annoys me, so I always take my lighter and melt the end right after I cut it. Is this a weird habit?

12 Likes

Less weird and more uncommon I’d say

If I’m done playing I cannot put the yoyo away if it binds like this around one half:

It needs to be centered around the bearing:

13 Likes

I like it the exact opposite

After siliconing my yoyos, they dry on my desk. Whenever i leave the room or come back, i take a short look if they´re alright, like you would at a sleeping child.

10 Likes

Well, in my collection, I can’t leave 2 yo-yos of the same color next to each other…

10 Likes

I try not to have the same splash/fade/whatever on a yoyo but I prefer to have the same color solid on a single brand.

For example, only two of my CLYW are the same fade, and I always choose solid black One Drops when I can

6 Likes

I always throw responsive in the morning because I can’t be bothered to bind at 7AM. I often transition to unresponsive by the afternoon to get a little variety in.

13 Likes

Ok… that’s odd. :rofl:

1 Like

I got a few more odd habits to add…

The knot on the string loop needs to be centered on my finger. If I pull it tight and it’s too far off center, I will undo the knot and tie it again. My method for sizing it up is to put the loop around my thumb and it should just be able to clear the middle knuckle.

For throws that have different looking halves, I have a preferred side that is usually facing up when I put it down. If something needs attention, like if there’s a knot or the bearing needs to be lubed, I’ll put the non-preferred half facing up as a reminder to myself.

Am I weird or nah?

11 Likes

sounds a little OCD but in the grand scheme of things, i’ll go with NAH.

if you’re not a little weird, are you really living?

throw often
kgb

6 Likes

I can relate having a yoyo facing one way over the other! It’s not just splashes, too, it’s also the metal Freehands that have the teeny tiny code on one side of the yoyo and I always put that side down into the case. Also engravings have to be right side up, lol. I wouldn’t say I have OCD, I just think it looks nice haha.

Never thought to put it in another way to remind myself to do maintenance, but I could see how that’s really helpful!

4 Likes

I leave the string making knots in my strings.

You might see it here. The are 3 small knots just above the loop.

4 Likes