Weaving old strings into friendship bracelets?

I’d like to have you guys send me you old broken strings. My wife and I will braid or knot them into a friendship bracelets I am willing to ship the completed bracelets to Purple yo-yo for them to give away for a donation at events, promotions or if someone wants to make an online donation.

I’m not asking any money in return. The reason I am doing this can be found in the mental health thread.

I think it’s a great way to give back to the community and be able to get some more use out of your broken or damaged strings

This is one I did for my 4 year old.

11 Likes

Instead of nasty used strings for something someone might wear, how about some new strings that didn’t make the lab-grade cut? Send me a PM.

11 Likes

You could wash the old strings before sending them, too. A little soap and water can have miraculous results!

2 Likes

Then again, maybe used unwashed strings lend some authenticity. “Hey, these strings were used by real yoyo people. If you look at them under a microscope, you can see their skin cells.”

5 Likes

These are one of the things I’m like worried about people going EWwww yaknow

And apparently I suck at making titles for topics lol. This is like the 3rd one coding has changed for me lol

That’s not a bad idea. I’ve been wondering what to do with my old strings. When I replace them they get shoved into a conch shell in my room. When I have enough they’ll get washed in a pillow case. For now it reminds me of Meow Wolf.

4 Likes

Good creativity.great idea.

1 Like

That yo-yo looks like a nice pearl In it’s shell

1 Like

Instead of nasty used strings for something someone might wear

Exactly the first thing that came to my mind lol.

4 Likes

That’s my idea! Sadly it’s not in a proper mollusk in terms of what produces real pearls but the conch do. It’s my grandfathers yoyo so it’s the only one ever displayed.

3 Likes

I’m going to take care of the strings if this goes through, so no worries.

3 Likes

That’s cool man! I’m glad you’re able to have that piece of him!

1 Like