Weapon fans

who here is a fan of weapons, mainly blades (knives, tomahawks, etc)
I have loved all types of weapons coming from a family of hunter one of my favorite types of knives is a kerambit

also im a huge fan of fordge in fire

4 Likes

EDC

3 Likes

For fun time✊

3 Likes

I know you said mainly blades, but I got my first handgun last week after being out of firearms for decades. It’s a CZ SP-01 and I absolutely Love it! My girlfriend and I went to the range and shot a variety of handguns before shooting the SP-01. They were all good and different from what I remember (shockingly). But the SP-01 was like throwing a Banshee SS after trying some generic monometals.

2 Likes

guns are sweet I’ve got a ruger 10 22 LR and a remington 870 20ga wood stock

2 Likes

My good friend Sam won last season of Knife or Death. His Titanium swords are simply ridiculously awesome. I have a few knives made by him. For edc I prefer an assisted opener. Kershaw is my current favorite. I don’t get crazy, but I DO think that everyone should carry a knife.

I also think that if you are able to get your concealed carry, you should. It’s a good thing to have even if you never use it.

3 Likes

you know what they say “a knife less man is a life less man”

2 Likes

When I travel for work, Forged in Fire and Chopped are my two guilty pleasures

3 Likes

what’s your favorite round I like the 1st and the 2nd round the most I dont know why

1 Like

I like first round and 3rd rounds best (on Forged). First round because they take a slab of metal and make a blade. That is just cool. Third because they need to make something in their home forge. I like watching them address the limitations of their equipment.

I’m a firm believer in carrying a pocket knife. I’m also a firm believer in the mindset that the knife is a tool first and foremost, and knowing what is legal to carry where you are. Yes, as a last resort, a knife is better than nothing, however, the phrase “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” is very good advice. Also, when using a knife as a weapon, it is up close and personal. You need some skill and training (same as a firearm). Better to avoid situations where needing a weapon is likely.

3 Likes

God bless Texas.

1 Like

My Buck 110 and holder. As you pull the knife out, it opens (edit: this is great in the winter or if you work construction and have gloves on regularly)

6 Likes

Yes!!! I miss my quick draw sheath! That’s thing was actually handy more than once.

2 Likes

I think what I like best about the Spyderco brand is the big hole in the blade (that lets it open with gloves on). That said, the case for your Buck 110 is pretty slick. Buck really knows how to heat treat their blades and provide a very good edge straight from the factory. I used to have a 110 (I think it was lost in one of my moves) that was scary sharp – the way a knife should always be.

4 Likes

Uh oh. Don’t get me started on pocket knives. It’s my man jewelry. I’ve had a ton, sold a ton, and don’t plan on stopping haha. I’ve had some absolute BEAUTIES I regret selling. It’s great being the one person in a car who can open a blister pack haha.

4 Likes

Also the Spydie-flick. One who owns a spyderco must master the Spydie-flick. Unless it’s a back lock then good luck haha.

2 Likes

I think my next purchase will be a Buck 110. I’ve been looking for a good one lately. I prefer a pocket clip, so if/when I get one I’ll have to get a holster. Leather, of course.

That quick- draw is a pretty slick case. I’m not sold on it, but it’s definitely got my attention.

1 Like

Never bring a knife to a gunfight… is also what they say🤓

2 Likes

Love my Buck 110. Takes an edge and holds it. Also have the half size version the 55. It’s my every day carry.

I’m a sucker for pocket knives, can’t resist getting another (sorta like yoyos).

With the quick draw holster I assume stud at the open end is what pulls the blade open. Doesn’t that affect the sharpness a bit?

2 Likes

Spydie-flick, lol… i was rockin Spyderco about 25 years ago… not sure what even happened to that guy… i have a little Buck i keep with me now, but you got my juices flowing again…

2 Likes