Weapon fans

I won these 2 Case knives a few years ago.
I use the big one for just about everything around the house…don’t get much use out of the tiny one though.

3 Likes

The quick draw is excellent. Make sure if you get one it has a ring. They’ll have a delrin or plastic ring to protect the blade edge as you draw it out. I know you’re probably looking for that beastly, classic wood handled 110 feeling but if you REALLY want a pocket clip Buck does make a 110 slim select. Has a deep carry pocket clip and thumb stud.

You can also find it as a pro version which includes an upgraded blade (s30v, extremely nice heat treat) and micarta or g10 handles which feel awesome.

4 Likes

I love spyderco. Especially the USA made ones because I can take a day trip to check out the factory north of me haha. Might be worth another shot! There’s a ton of new models. Which did you have? Let me guess, native or delica?

i ‘think’ native… it was about 25 years ago, and when i got that… it was a whole new world of cutlery my friend!

2 Likes

Well, now…

THAT is some VERY nice stuff to know!

Thanks for the info. Really, it’s NOT that manly man brass n wood feel. I don’t much like the look, to be honest. That micarta though… That pocket clip however…

4 Likes

Yep - mine has what looks to be delrin that the blade slides along as its drawn out

1 Like

Ernie’s wave feature he patented decades ago is still a nice feature on a pocket knife. It draws as fast as a fixed blade pretty much, if you don’t muck it up.

Bram Franks bio-mechanical cutting is a standard if you’re interested in less than lethal techniques. Much to be debated on such an idea, but it is available.

A knife to a gun fight still teaches field people the old FBI standard of 21’ afaik.

3 Likes

I miss my old Horseman. That thing was a beast. Had some issues but I beat on that knife something fierce.

1 Like

Don’t care for any of the 110 slim models. Much prefer the manly classic wood handled 110.

Regarding the s30v blades, from what I see the vote is still out on those. The difficulty in sharpening outweighs the edge holding in some people’s mind. It’s just what I see in reviews, I don’t have one.

3 Likes

I’ve actually had very little problems sharpening my s30v blades. And the edge does really last. BUT I say that when I use a cheap but effective guided sharpening system. I can see freehand being a NIGHTMARE. But I’ve also sharpened s90v and s110v and those are horrible to get a good edge. I need better diamond stones for those.

2 Likes