We joined Basecamp

I think this will be cool, fellow forum users.

29 Likes

This is huge, all of the collaboration possibilities. I’m excited about it :metal:

3 Likes

I’m out of the loop, what exactly is base camp?

9 Likes

SF YOYOS has joined the party.

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

It’s a collaborative brand. Their first releases were at Cleveland Worlds in 2016. It was initially YoyoFactory and CLYW.

14 Likes

Wow! This is exciting news. I love all of these brands, what a collab.

2 Likes

This is good and very cool BUT I’d like to respectfully point out that the Basecamp yo-yos were kinda ignored in the long run, versus individual brand releases. And they are overlooked today.

I mean raise your hand if you even own a Sherpa, Moonshine, Jackknife, Navigator, or Expedition…

(For the record I own all of these, but I’m a freak in so many ways, too many ways to get into here. Personally my faves are the Moonshine and Sherpa which are still unique within the industry for what they did. Can’t really say that about the other 3 can we?)

So I guess my advice to you is this: take some risks when you collab. Do something different and interesting!

11 Likes

I have and Expedition and would like to have a Jacknife. I do agree that often the individual brands a more significant. Though colabs should bring some interesting features and perspectives together.

*I would love to own a Chief from CLYW as it represents CLYW best.

Jackknife and a Sherpa, I’m a Basecamp fan

20190329_175004

5 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

6 Likes

The Jackknifes finger spin cup is a 2 part press fit? That’s kind of different.

4 Likes

I guess kinda but it doesn’t look press fitted, it looks machined. Making it two-tone different anodizations would have been cooler though! I have a YoyoEmpire Touchmore 2 which is kinda like that and it is unique!

6 Likes

Hand raised for the Navigator. I like it, as advertised it is like an Aviator and Shutter merged.

1 Like

The Moonshine is one of my favorite yoyos to come out in the past 3 years. LOVE that yoyo. Can’t wait to see what all of you have in the world.

Hoping for another slimline in this release.

2 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

expedition
navigator
sherpa (2)
edgeless

i’m a fan.

kgb

4 Likes

Have an edgeless from the basecamp line. Love that yoyo for not being intended to be competition-oriented, but still will handle all the tricks you want to throw at it. The organic shape also feels like handling a ball in your hands.

5 Likes