Basecamp presents: The MOONSHINE 2!

Oh Moonshine. The original Moonshine was one of the first Basecamp collaboration models. As a slimline responsive metal, it was one of the first yo-yos to spark the resurgence in modern responsive play.

The new Moonshine 2 picks up right where the original left off with even more focus on getting that responsive feel just right. It has a wider profile for added stability and catch-ability with a small bearing to give you a snappy response even on those slow throws. It can be setup unresponsive, but that isnt really the aim here.

Take it easy. Relax a while. Maybe even have a nap under a tree. There is no hurry with MOONSHINE.

Midnight Release. Thursday 9/19 @ 11:59PM EDT.

8 Likes

anyone thrown one? Compare to the original?

2 Likes

moonshine be following the confusion gt

2 Likes

This is surprisingly great. It’s so great in fact I am not sure I want my original Moonshine in my collection any more.

It’s also super weird with the different silicone pads on each side and different color scheme on each side… but I gotta say… it works!

10 Likes

Ehhhh, I don’t know that I’d call it “weird” so much as just a unique evolution of a throwback idea. Back in the day, having different pads in a yoyo wasn’t so unusual. More so in the sticker days than the silicone pads, but still. Not exactly uncommon.

I do think it’s unusual for a throw to have different response on either side factory new out of the box. Not many of those that I can think of outside of a few randos or the old YYJ hybrid response.

6 Likes

This yoyo is sooo fun lol

2 Likes

Feels way more solid than the original - and better spinning. Much better for string tricks in my opinion. And yes - super fun!

7 Likes

Right but is it really necessary? I mean there’s no way to recreate this with two identical silicone pads, you must use two different pad thicknesses on each side?

I like the Moonshine 2 a whole lot though. I can’t argue with the results!

3 Likes

Sometimes its good to be weird and different. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m actually worried now that I see so few are in stock! Will this be restocked or is it like meant to be an uncommon rare release?

2 Likes

We do have a small restock coming already. Not actually sure how big of a release it actually is though.

2 Likes

@codinghorror are you looking to sell/trade your original?

1 Like