We have all kinds....(A message to the community)

I’ve never really understood how closed minded this community tends to be either…

But we’re not like minded people. We’re so different in so many different ways. I think yoyoing is probably one of the only things we have in common. If I offended you I’m sorry. Just remember how special you are.

“Your special, and this world can be very hard on special things.
They’ll pick on you, they’ll hit you, they’ll dump you, diagnose you, and develop you.
There will be days when you wish everyone was like you so that everything could be easy.
But thats how they think. They spend every day wishing everyone was the same.
Its that wish that keeps them from being special.
So when they come at you with their knives out just smile and forgive them.
Ordinary things say “hello” and “goodbye”, but nothing thats special can ever die.”

1 Like

Face it kids, there is no “community” as people dream of here. What people call a “community” is drawn from society at large and contains the same cross section of people - counts, no-counts, scoundrels, scofflaws, princes and criminals. The interest in a common activity does not translate to common values or mores, the essentials of a “community”

“You are a fluke of the Universe.
You have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back.”

What happened to you recently?

Your mood has taken a turn for the worse lately…

that’s what I was thinking

1 Like

This is amazing. Although, most people don’t apologize when they discriminate against others. But, there’s no stopping it.

But, nobody else noticed he said werewolf? You’ve talked to someone who’s been discriminated… as a werewolf…

…SSsssss…

I refuse to believe this period that there is no “Community” at a large.

But I fully agree with the secondary parts saying about the negative type of people. With Good comes the bad and thus without it, a community would not exist. Its the same for life in general.

I also do not believe I am a fluke of the universe, I stand to correct it.

~Z

3 Likes

Face it kids, there is no “community” as people dream of here. What people call a “community” is drawn from society at large and contains the same cross section of people - counts, no-counts, scoundrels, scofflaws, princes and criminals. The interest in a common activity does not translate to common values or mores, the essentials of a “community”

“You are a fluke of the Universe.
You have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back.”
[/quote]
I refuse to believe this period that there is no “Community” at a large.

But I fully agree with the secondary parts saying about the negative type of people. With Good comes the bad and thus without it, a community would not exist. Its the same for life in general.

I also do not believe I am a fluke of the universe, I stand to correct it.

~Z
[/quote]
Thank you Zammy. You said was I was thinking quite succinctly. I was completely taken aback by jhb8426 cynical and pessimistic position that ‘there is no “community” as people dream of here’ last evening but felt I should probably refrain from reply as I might set the carpet on fire in response. We are members of a community here on the YYE forums. Some times one which is contentious, granted, but conflict is a part of every viable community. Here are a few synonyms for the word community;

group, body, set, circle, clique, faction; gang, bunch, brotherhood, sisterhood, fraternity, sorority, sodality; order, congregation, abbey, convent.

Our gathering here together as we do to share with one another by nature makes us corporately almost every one of those things in one way or another. Not only are we such a community, it’s one I am very fond of and one I feel privileged and proud to be a part of.

And I certainly rebuff the notion anyone of us is a “fluke of the Universe”. Fred Rogers must of rolled over in his grave on that one, his entire life’s work taking a menacing shot across the bow like that.

I’m sorry jhb8426. I consistently enjoy our correspondence here, but that felt dark and harsh to me.

2 Likes

But if you really think about it he’s correct. I mean really think about it.

1 Like

Which is odd because I just thought about it real hard and all I can bring myself to really care about are all the good times I’ve had with you guys.

Thanks for being great, guys.

4 Likes

jhb8426, your comment kind of made this thread about something it’s not. Josh was basically just saying it sucks that people here aren’t nicer to each other and they should be. You can define community all day long and give it all the names you like - we still need to treat one another with decency and respect no matter what you care to title this gathering of minds.

1 Like

The puppy?

If I die this week no one here at YYE will attend my funeral. There would be no reason for any too. No one truly knows me here. As a matter of fact none of you would ever know, just that my intermittent posts are suddenly gone. If I pass Jayyo on a city street, we do just that, just walk right on by one another. We don’t know each othe at all. I’ve been to the Twin Cities many times, chances are I have seen or even spoken to jhb8426. We have no idea, we don’t have a clue as to who one another is. In that respect it is absolutely true any sense of community here is a facade.

On the other hand when I watched YoYoAvenger’s tribute to his brother Derek yesterday my eyes moistened and I feel genuine sorrow along with Adam in the loss of his brother. It’s a real connection with an actual person I have interacted with here. It’s not entirely a social fiction to believe a community is in existence here of some sort. There is something tangible here which I think is valuable to each of us on some level.

1 Like

And that is basically my point. Maybe I was too blunt and should have expressed it in a more genteel manner. A lot of people assume because someone throws a yoyo, they’re a swell guy. I have made a lot of acquaintances in the yoyo world, both online and in person. Some are truly amazing people, and others are, well just not somebody I’d want to associate with, regardless of their prowess with a yoyo. That is the point I was trying to make. If this has offened some of you, you have my aplologies.

1 Like

It’s really means a lot to me that you thought so highly of my video. That video was really important to me and I put a lot of emotion into it. Once again it really means a lot that it touched you the way it did. I feel I made it as sorta something to occupy my self in a positive way after his death. I may make another, just to focus on something. But this time I will include one of my brothers closest friends who I taught to yoyo.(SpicyBroth)
Once again, your kind words mean a lot to me.

Probably the nicest thing I’ll experience on my birthday. (today)

Happy Birthday. Hope things come together for you in a positive way.

to try to lighten the mood… HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks guys!

if anybody knows who Cizrek is or Leum Kerzic is ppl with there poopy attitudes and ppl are the reason why good players like that left the yoyo community

All ages forum. Please watch the use of profanity. Thanks.

vegabomb