Yoers are Everywhere

;D

Some of you might know kyle from Rethinkyoyo.com… he is pretty cool. but I was on his site and I saw this. basically. you go to this site and it has points on the global map where people who yoyo are. so sign up and find someone who yoyo’s near you.

A pretty big issue for yoyoers today that you often see on forums is they feel that they’re throwing alone. There never seems to be anyone else in their area who they could start a club with, exchange tricks with, or even just hang out with.

Gio over at www.yoyobro.com told me about a cool project they started recently. If you make an account on the site and then set your location in your profile, you will appear on their world map. In turn, you can use this map to find others in your area who also share a love for yoyoing. If you don’t show up right away on the map, refresh the page and/or wait a while. Sometimes it takes a bit to appear.

Yoyoers who have others to throw with learn faster, have more motivation, have more creative brains to work with and have more fun. I challenge you all to make an effort to find others in your area, and yoyobro’s new map is a great way to start.

Kyle

3 Likes

thats really cool dude im just having a problem reading the website its not all in english. i found the map and only one person in the US listed themselves so far. this would be really cool if it was a little more organized.

couldn’t find the map, can’t read the website

good idea but fairly poorly set, if you want it to work, I suggest you add a map link, in english, on the front page

there aren’t many yoers around as it is, now imagine out of all yoers, how many could actually read greek ?

it’s still time to do it right

You don’t need to be able to read the site if you follow the two links on rethink yoyo. I got mine set up in like 2 minutes.

1 Like

Thank you Funky man. that is also how i set up mine. sorry i forgot to mention that. Rethinkyoyo.com and follow the links is the easiest way

awesome, I’ll do it then
my bad

now you’re getting the “thanks” ^^

I just saw this the other day on Rethinkyoyo as well, (Rethinkyoyo is awesome BTW :D) and luckily I have Google Chrome so it translated it for me. ;D It looks like a pretty good idea, but IDK if I am going to make an account.

Hey everybody!
I just saw this! Thanks for trying to spread it :slight_smile:
If you visit the homepage ( www.yoyobro.com ) you will find in English the link.Its named “Yoers all over the world”
With one click you can see if any other yoyoplayer is near to you.
If you want to Set your position you will find the link just bellow the Map named Set Position.

http://bit.ly/dxWON1 (the link for the Map)

Also you can see there:

"…Register, Set your position and Spread it!

If you find difficulties then simply after your registration send us an email with your Nickname and the address that you want to appear in your position
Email us: admin@yoyobro.com  …"

We didn’t figure out how we could do it more easier
Every information you will need is in English.If is there anything else I can do please send me an email.

Have fun everybody and
Keep Spinning!

1 Like

just signed up.
nobody near me though :frowning: