We Are Throwers Documentary - Discussion Thread

So if you do not know yet, there’s been a documentary being made on yoyoing titled “We Are Throwers”, directed by Piotrek Smietana, a notable YYR, Backspin, and Fist Salud member, as well as a stunning videographer. Here is the second official trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=wAhZqumcAh0

What are your thoughts? I personally find it very intriguing, it will be neat to look at yoyoing through other players’ perspectives ans passions. It will also be cool to see how the general public reacts to it.

Discuss!

Looks cool, can’t wait to see it.

I’ve been excited about it since the indiegogo funding campaign started. Hopefully the movie will appeal not only to throwers, but to the general population as well.

It should, the story is about creativity, artistic expression and the desire to be the best you can be. Pretty universal stuff. The difference is we choose to do it with what many consider a child’s toy. We believe they are toys, but, we don’t limit the toys to children:)

Nice, can’t wait! “World on a String” was pretty amazing and I am pretty sure this one will be epic as well.

Super excited. Can’t wait to get a copy.

Narration was terrible.

Where will I be able to get a copy when it comes out?

I honestly wish I could see this on the big screen haha. It looks so incredible and the production quality of what I see already makes me think a film like this deserves to be experienced in the big screen, surround sound , theatre way.

Same. It’ll be cool nonetheless, I wonder what kind of direction they are going to take it

Is it going to be released in copy protected physical media only for ever?

Could not agree more about that. The narration in the first trailer was pretty good, but the narrator in this one sounds too serious, kinda like a robot.

2 Likes

Oops didn’t mean to thank you but I totally agree. Sounds very robotic and the lines are not the greatest. Still seems like an awesome movie and I’ll be one of the first to get it when it drops!

they still have time to redo the voice… i know a few games that changed voice actors a week before the actual game release…

Yes I would not want that voice to narrate it :confused: