Waterside yo-yo

I’m sitting at the pool watching my kids play, and I’m wondering; what would make a good yo-yo and string that I could take it in and out of the water with me and not worry about ruining anything. I’d assume it would have to be a fix axel of sorts, but I’m Clueless.

3 Likes

Imperial with nylon strings, can’t guarantee it would work well, but its a start

1 Like

One of @Glenacius_K survivalists, the axle is also plastic so no worries about rusting, and the material is very sturdy. I would go with cotton string or a cheap poly

4 Likes

Poly is a plastic so I’d imagine 100% poly string would be fine. If you live in a humid environment, I’d worry a little bit about mold/mildew but making sure they dry thoroughly should do it, I would think.

2 Likes

Something without response pads if you’re planning on taking it in the water.

4 Likes

I think something that’s not a yoyo would be better

1 Like

Look, if you think a Nintendo switch is gonna work at the pool, it certainly does not.

5 Likes

We had a metal kendama at some point… I wonder where that thing went? Anyway - That kendama was heavy enough to play with underwater.

3 Likes

Oh man, was it called a tenderizer? Sounds like it would be a hassle to carry around.

Could definitely tenderize a few fingers. It was ridiculously heavy, like ‘scary to play’ heavy. But very satisfying clacking sound lol.

3 Likes

The Survivalist is perfect for this. Water doesn’t bother it in the least.

8 Likes

Ah yes, so we can all play our favorite game of make the trick or lose a finger(working title).

2 Likes

That might be the route I need to go with. I’ll PM you.

2 Likes

Will the Survivalist play while wet?

(Great topic!)

2 Likes

Yes. I’m actually currently prototyping the Survivalist to be bigger and lighter and improving the threaded axle.

7 Likes