New hand-made release from Spinworthy - The Survivalist!

From @Glenacius_K: For well over a year I have been experimenting with making a solid bodied, plastic fixed axle yoyo. It turned out to be a pretty difficult challenge from a handmade perspective for many reasons, but I have finally arrived at a design I am happy with - the Survivalist!

Made from recycled HDPE and a solid 1/4" aluminium axle, the Survivalist is a really tough, pocket sized fixed axle yoyo. It can survive quite a beating and water doesn’t faze it. In fact, it floats! I even ran over one twice in my car and it remained functional (although a little squashed and scratched up). It will happily be your everyday-carry yoyo wherever you go.

It has a soft and smooth feel in play and reliable response. It’s smaller size does not hold it back from performing all your favorite 0A tricks with ease. Oh - it also plays best with your favorite polyester string, no need to keep cotton strings handy for this one!

Releasing Saturday 11/6 @ 8PM EDT.

36 Likes

Got to get 1or 2

3 Likes

Two for 2A!!
Glenn makes some pretty classy stuff.

5 Likes

ooo gurl!

1 Like

Darn, the one weekend that I can’t order yo-yos. I knew this was bound to happen☹️

2 Likes

This yo looks quite swell.

2 Likes

If you search for SpinWorthy in the store you deff show up, knack is sold out. :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Good thing I set an alarm for that drop. Welp, done getting yo-yos for 2021!

5 Likes

Gone in 3 minutes. Who managed to get one?

8 Likes

Literally the one time I have waited for a drop. I’m definitely NOT salty about missing it😑

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

(Full sentence)

8 Likes

Perhaps I need to make more.

17 Likes

I didn’t think this would be a drop that I’d have to set an alarm for. I missed out, but on the bright side more new people get to experience just how good spinworthy fixies are.

9 Likes

So many more.

4 Likes

Well I have loads of UHMWPE in green, white and black. I could make some from that stuff just to make the release a bit different from the first. It’s not recycled though.

I also have a glass filled version in blue which is another level of toughness again. It wears tools so bad that I’ve never bothered to use it.

11 Likes

I would pay for replacement tools on top of the yoyo to get a glass infused spinworthy, and I’m pretty sure @adamantiumpops would say the same lol

8 Likes

:100::100::100:
I don’t even know what that means, but damn I’d buy one off him, lol.

7 Likes

Ah mate. I cut one small square of it out and my bandsaw blade was really blunt afterwards. When I was turning it in my lathe I had to sharpen my tools after every ten seconds of use. It was crazy. I may as well been turning AL or brass.

4 Likes

I was successful in snagging one. Really cant wait for this. Will be my first “serious” fixed axle yoyo. I play a ton of responsive, but my only experience with true fixed is a Butterfly that ended up being a bad example (refuses to respond with most string, unless its thrown crazy hard), so I’m incredibly excited for this.

9 Likes

You’re in for a real treat.

3 Likes