If you could take only 3 yo-yo related items to a desert island, what would you bring?

I would bring lube, a 100 pack of kitty string (or maybe a bit more if there was a bigger pack) and a CS Bliss. What about you?

5 Likes

Onedrop T1, 50 pack ammo, and some thin lube

4 Likes

I would also bring any OD throws

2 Likes

Ugh. I would need a yoyo that needed little to no maintenance as in pads. I would take my Butterfly XT because of the starburst, a 100 box of Kitty String regular and a bottle of thin lube so I could play it semi-responsive.

2 Likes
  1. Titanium fixed axle
  2. 100 pounds of raw string materials
  3. String making rig
7 Likes

Titanium yoyo to make sparks for fire.
The B!ST floating yoyo so I could escape.
And a custom yoyo that is actually two oreos connected by a marshmallow for food.

7 Likes

I see a problem! You have no string!

4 Likes

I’m not planning on yoyoing. I’m planning on surviving :+1:

4 Likes

Haha! Initial question too vague!

1 Like

Several posts deleted.

Let’s play nice and please remember to be respectful folks. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s this a thing?

1 Like

I saw someone selling one here, yes. Let me look it up just for you!

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/for-sale-ti-fixed-axle-nsco-helix/290936

Hey @TwilightMagester is that still for sale?

2 Likes

Oddly enough… Yes. Yes it is. For anyone who’s balking at the price. It was a custom that cost the guy I bought it off quite a bit more, and I traded quite a bit more value in edc gear for it. I almost guarantee you won’t find anyone else with one.

3 Likes

I have obtained this, and it works as advertised, however what I was not told is that it is ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN FREAKIN’ GRAMS so it’s more of a desert island crab hunting weapon, or a way to accidentally knock yourself unconscious to relieve the tedium of being stuck on a desert island for the rest of your life :rofl:

4 Likes

I guess Hispaniola is… KIND of a desert island. Or kind of a brushy, scrubby island with really nice beaches and resorts all over the place. Anyway, I brought an eH, an AlleyCat 650b, and a Parser, and felt like I was 100% good.

9 Likes

Great photo!!!

1 Like

Enchanted yoyo bag, like Marry Poppins. Every yoyo I own as well as an unlimited amount of string, poly and cotton. Also water purification kit and fishing materials. That counts as one item obviously.
Emergency Kui for flagging down would be resuers.
Sunglasses.

4 Likes

Instead of lube, how about some lighter fluid or acetone to clean the bearing? You can have all the thin lube in the world, but once that bearing gets dirty and starts grinding, you are done. Especially with all that sand.

On the other hand, you could get a pack of cheap bearings (ive seen 50 packs before). The problem is, I dont think there is a way to subvert the biggest problem long term. You need 4 items for this to work: string, bearings, yoyos, and pads. Bundle packs dont count because they contain numerous “yoyo related items”.

I guess id probably just settle for the combo codinghorror suggested (fixed axle, raw string materials, and string making rig).

1 Like

I would take a Harbinger, a TON of fixie strings, and a friend who throws too. Maybe they could bring some unresponsive stuff to even it out.

3 Likes

A lot of string, a lot of lube, and a yyf multi tool

2 Likes