Vs. Newton Charity Issues

That’s true nothing was suppose to go to charity except for the money raised by “the works” charity auction. He was a non profit in the sense that he was gonna make yoyos and charge the community exactly what it costs to make the yoyo so they got a yoyo worth lot for what it would cost a company not a marked up yoyo. It changed with the second run of the skywalker were Heath decided to make it for profit so he could make more yoyos and be able to fill the demand (or so he said)

I understand people being mad and all but I dont get why everybody is hating on the yoyos. there are none available anywhere and if you buy one its gonna be from someone who bought it. Your not putting any money into vsnyyc. The yoyo didn’t do anything wrong. Quit hating on a piece of metal. There great yoyos and my skywalkers still play exactly the same as they did before this mess :wink: you dont need to buy them that’s fine. Like I said that’s just more for me. Kinda weird looking at the perfume cloud skywalker and knowing it was a piece of the downfall of vsnyyc. I still love it the same though. I hope this all gets resolved so the sting of betrayal can heal but it will never be forgotten. Its a real shame

Hey guys, what’s going o-

Im gonna say this again. THE YOYOS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! there freaking metal meaning less paperweights unless in the right hands. Oh im gonna smash this because I hate Heath. Its stupid. Like someone else said. You hate it so much sell it and donate the money. The gun analogy doesn’t make any sense. You tried…fail :slight_smile: lol none. I love these yoyos. I even have one from the auction. Like I said its messed up what Heath did but dont be over dramatic to break a perfectly good yoyo when you could think about it and do something good with the money.

"Im sorry Mr skywalker but your days of hurting all those people are over click clack POW!!! See not the same. Dont blame the yoyo and dont blame guns ether. People make the choices and the yoyos didn’t play any part in making Heath spend the money the community donated

I think people are more upset about what the yoyos stand for. As a rather extreme example, let’s take the Nazi swastika. The swastika itself didn’t do anybody any harm but we still take offense to it when somebody has it emblazoned on something (even as a joke) because of what it stood for. I’m not saying that people should be smashing the yoyos (I’m one of the proponents of auctioning the damn things off for charity) but I can certainly understand the compulsion of some to do so.

Yuki

Ya it kinda works with the analogy you said but at that same time that was a symbol of hate once hitler stole the symbol. These yoyos are yoyos. There was a lot of yoyos sold in the auction. should we smash them all. No. The skywalkers that were sold in stores? No. Any of them. No. Sell them if you have a bitter taste. I will buy them. I hate what he did but my hands didn’t suddenly reject his yoyos and hate what I have grown to love and what made me cone back to yoyoing. Im very sad from this all because I was a huge fan and still am for the yoyos but im not gonna let heaths bad choices ruin what I love. These yoyos stopped being anybody’s but mine the second I got them.

“I’ve been hitting this pinata for an hour now but the candy won’t come out!”

Yuki

Not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing towards me but you made me bust out laughing. Thanks man :slight_smile:

I’m trying to say that you are somewhat beating a dead horse with your argument that the yoyos themselves have nothing to do with this. I think you’ve made it quite clear that you really REALLY like Heath’s designs.

Oh OK sorry :slight_smile: I just thought the analogy of a gun used to kill someone was a little much. Did I mention I love the skywalker … OK that’s the last time you will ever hear about how much I like it. Thanks again for the laugh though.

So who is gonna step up and organize a real auction put on but the throwers who wanna give back? I still think that’s a great idea and I will put up 2 yoyos for sure (burning embers Burnside and d bearing enigma)

Working on it. please stand by

also, both grandfathers, 3 great aunts, my uncle, my great uncle, and 1 of my grandmothers died of cancer. how dare you heath. i thought i respected you and thought of you as a role model. i hope you never show your face again.

Nice please keep me informed. I would love for us all to make even more money then this auction did. Seriously not that the rants aren’t deserved but put your energy into something that will make a difference. I am not rich or have tons and tons of yoyos but im willing to part with a couple for this cause and I would also be down to bid on some of your stuff. I might be able to even throw up another gotta see what yoyos I left at work. I say take this negative and make it a positive. Im sure some of you have yoyos that have dust on them. Let them go and together we can all make a nice sized donation. Not just one yoyo sold alone here one there. Lets make this charity say dang these yoyoers are awesome look at this fat check they just donated! that would be a great feeling

I just want to make sure I’m subbed to this thread. Even though this whole thing makes me nauseous, I can’t stop reading.

I did have an idea though. I think Heath should sell the whole company and donate the sale to ACS. In his hands the company is dead, but I bet a few other people wouldn’t be too upset about owning the designs for VsNYYC throws.

My emotions are so confused by this whole thing. Heath seemed like a noble guy, everyone backed him up, he made good yoyos, then this. On one hand I think charges should be pressed, and on the other I feel really freaking bad for the guy that he made this stupid mistake and killed his famed reputation.

It sucks 360 degrees around.

2 Likes

I agree with you about everything you said. there isn’t gonna be any winner in this and Heath odviously cared about the yoyo world or he would of decided to make yoyos and this has pretty much black listed him for life. I feel bad but he broke the law and trust people gave him. I forgive him and am gonna move on. I bought a charity yoyo and ya he didn’t donate the money but im over it. Like I said. Lets do something together and make a difference

1 Like

Subscribing. While this is a bad thing I hope it brings the community closer together. I will donate a small ammount once its set up Chris. I dont have a lot right now, but I want to atleast show a little support to the real and upstanding members of the community who give so much without taking.

Thank you guys!

I think that Heath should man-uplike a real pseudo-charity would. Where is the $4300 that was supposed to go to charity?

Management expenses; handling fees and overhead. ???

I was wondering were his seller page is at on Ebay?
Does anybody know what his handle was?

Here you go: http://myworld.ebay.com/hvizier/

Yuki

I’ve gone through like 20 pages of this other thread… Its all a big mess and really sad. I’m really disappointed of Heath. I don’t know him very well, we only had some conversations via Email, the last one was from June 2011. It was about the Sakura we (ILYY) donated.

I would really like to see this whole mess cleaned up.