Vs. Newton Charity Issues

The more I look back the more upset I get. The fact that his apology contained another lie (stating this was the second payment) infuriates me. I promoted this event. I contacted Heath when this whole thing started up and asked him for any information and hoped it was a misunderstanding.
Worse yet, this will cast skepticism to any legit charity drives within the community in the future.

I am so disappointed. I lost my mother to cancer. My Grandfather had complications with heart- disease that were not treatable because of cancer. I have had two close calls with cancer. I was striving for this charity driveā€¦

Sorry, I donā€™t mean to rant. I am just disappointed and upset

1 Like

What I just donā€™t get about this is why. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I was reserving judgement despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary because of this.

3 grand? I mean, geez. For some of you younger folks that probably seems like a fortune but 3 grand isā€¦Iā€™ve got more than 3 grand just in yoyos and Iā€™m not rich. Why you would ever run a scam, or ever decide to scam, for this amount of money is totally baffling to me. And then the more obvious problem, you knew you were never just going to get away with it. There are thousands of people involved.

It just doesnā€™t add up. I feel like there has to be more twists and turns to the story.

You kinda answered that in Itā€™s self.
3 grand isnā€™t a lot. Only a child would think it is. Itā€™s not worth it. Heā€™s just immature. Thatā€™s why heā€™d do it.

Nope. Just good old fashioned human greed and stupidity.

I find it interesting how much of this resembles the B.I.O. scandal. That being said, this is much MUCH more severe. Sad day :C

i know this comment has nothing to do with vsnyyc but in the other thread someone made a comment saying there was a recrev scandal. what exactly happened with tthat?

The RecRev scandal dates a few years back.

I canā€™t even put into words how disappointed I am by this. Even if I wasnā€™t apart of the charity, something like this happening is still very disappointing. Heath is one of the nicest people Iā€™ve ever met. Which only disappoints me more.

Digging for emails with Heath and found this:

I want to throw up.

Screen shot ā€¦ so not cool. So so not cool.

Wowā€¦

This whole situation has really made me speechless. All this evidence all coming to light at once is a whole lot to take in and process. I want this to be felt with properly, but I canā€™t wait til itā€™s done and resolved so this community can move forward.

as much as i really really really want to see that, i dont think it would help this situation other than get some anger out. what really would help would be to sell the yoyo and donate the proceeds to cancer charity. on the other hand sledgehammerā€¦ well i know youlle do the right thing.

I strongly urge you not to just smash it with a sledgehammer. Despite all the bad press VSNYYC have been getting, itā€™s still a highly sought after throw and you could do a lot of good for a charity by auctioning it off.

Also, for future charity drive sort of things, one way to prevent something like this happening again is to just have the winner of the throw donate the money directly to charity and then show the receipt to the current holder of the auction item before itā€™s shipped off. Not foolproof by any means, but this way at least the charity gets their money.

Yuki

1 Like

I never like to get involved with these sort of thingsā€¦ But man is this situation wrong.

Makes me angry inside that someone would have it in them to do such a thing. >:(

Im not going to smash it, though it is tempting.
I might sell it.

As of now Iā€™ll simmer.

This is horrible.

The only word I can use to describe it.

And what exactly was the RecRev scandal?

Pretty much just the classic private sale scamming. Yoyos paid for but not sent or sent in much worse condition than advertised. That it happened to be the owner of recrev made it more newsworthy.

Well, that is kind of it in a nutshell. It was a much more complex situation. Perhaps a separate thread should be started for those who are curious about what happened?

Yeah, I just didnā€™t think it really required a whole thing. If you really want there are records of the whole deal on that other site, but itā€™ll take a while to get through everything. Basically, bad trading, no communication, scamming.

I guess the only interesting bit is that recrev as a brand was created specifically because his (Alex Kim) reputation was so bad under his original name B.I.O. The first recrev throw was called the ā€œBadRepā€ for a reason.

Yes, a quick search for Alex Kim on the ā€œotherā€ forum should give plenty of information on the B.I.O./RecRev ordeal.

For now, letā€™s keep this discussion geared toward Vs. Newton issues.

This. Thank you Steve very well said.