Videos of me not landing Spirit Bomb

The first video where I throw it up and it comes back down in the correct mount I have no clue how that happens but from videos I’ve watched it seems like you need to strings around your non throw hand when you come down from the second hop.

The second video is the one where I felt like I was doing it more right but ending up in some kinda mess with one string around my non throw hand.

I just was messing around with the string further up my hand and the trying it faster and I did catch it in what looks like the way you want but with the triangle missed. I had to stop after that run so I’m not sure. Im gonna see how it goes tonight.

The third thought wow that’s crazy. I kinda wrote that way of doing it off because I thought I was doing something completely wrong but I didn’t think about missing the strings and that’s why. I hope I still can recreate what I was doing there. It seemed when I kinda just threw it up hard is when that would happen. I’m gonna have to mess around with it. I have landed that way a bunch though in the past

I think I missed this in your OP but that’s correct, it’s the same mount as if you had a wrist mount and you roll it all over your TH and you can practice just the second hop from there. Here’s an old yye vid where he talk about that. Maybe it’ll help but I have a feeling you’re going to crush it when you start throwing later.

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it. I realized halfway through learning that I could do that. Kinda a good thing though because it helped me get the first hop more consistent. Im gonna start up soon here. Just got home. Well see how it goes :pray:

1 Like

Small update I just started giving it a few tries and I feel like I’m getting it now into the mount I want to be in. Moving the string further up my hand helped a bunch. I think I’ll have a video of getting it soon. :crossed_fingers:

**After practicing taking in everyone’s help I’m feeling like I know what I’m doing now. I just practiced a little over an hour and in that time I landed on the outside rim of the triangle a few times and the inside rim of the triangle more than a few times. One time I got through the triangle but missed the string inside of it. I think I’m right on the cusp of getting this. I’m stretching my thumb back towards me to help open up the triangle. I’m trying to pop it higher but when I do that I seem to miss one of the strings more than often. I really appreciate everyone’s help. I’m getting there!!

3 Likes

So close! Rooting for you. I’ve been able to land it around a year and I still love the feeling of landing it every time.

The yoyo dropping through that triangle and on to the string feels like a miracle every time

2 Likes

I got a question. I think I may of landed it twice but I just started noticing when I land on the rim and put it on the string I seem to be getting a twist kinda thing where the hoops connect on the wrist mount. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I’ll get a photo of it here if I can.

I’m not sure if it did it the two times I think I landed it. Just started noticing it now

Nice! I think that’s correct, it should be like a wrist mount but with an extra wrap around the nth index and that string. Then if you drop the index it looks like that with an extra wrap looking thing but then you can do the wrist mount dismount from the back and it goes away like it shouldn’t matter.

Looks like this kind of when you first land

1 Like

Thank you. Damn nice, I actually landed it twice properly today then :smiley: I just actually was watching the yoyoexpert video over again and noticed he said the same thing about one extra wrap. I got some footage of me landing it but I mess up the dismount both times. I’ll see if I can get a better one to post. I was hyped the first time I landed it! Haha

2 Likes

Looks like you got it my man. That weird twist is exactly how it’s supposed to look. Now it’s just a matter of practise and consistency.

1 Like

its a hard trick. since landing it a few times last summer I try to just practice it every once in a while. I am finding it easier to land on my first few attempts now, and then i take a break again. its gonna take a while form me to get it 9 out of 10 times though. that’s ok cuz there are plenty of other tricks to work on. i need to start on superman really since i have magic drop down.

1 Like

Thanks Alex. I really appreciate your help a lot with the videos.

That’s so weird that you just said that thing about it hitting it on your first few attempts. I literally just was thinking that this morning. I noticed last night and this morning, when I first started, that was when I had my best luck. Spirit bomb is a hell of a trick. In the beginning, not knowing which way to maneuver the yoyo to not get a knot if you miss really makes things frustrating on top of the trick already being hard.

I’ve got a couple other wrist mount tricks I’d like to learn after this one. Magic drop I have to awkwardly stretch the trapeze or I land on the wrong string. Andre Boulay does the repeater so seamlessly in the tutorial.

I been landing it more consistently today using this YYF Whip. Finally got a decent video of one…I just had to miss the bind haha

Thanks again everyone. You all seriously helped me a ton. I can now call this topic “Video of me landing Spirit Bomb” :muscle:

4 Likes

We’ll done my friend!! Nice sticktoitivness!!

1 Like

Thanks! What’s weird is I decided now I want to learn to throw a breakaway the doorknob way. It seems like such a weird step backwards to go to from learning that :joy: I think I’m gonna work on binds and breakaways for a few days now.

1 Like

Good going man! Happy for you.