Videos and Product Promo materials

This may start to become a serious issue.

I was checking out the Phenomizm, but I can’t because the YouTube user associated with that video closed their account.

I think YYE, as should any company, have control over any stuff they are making available on their site. I’m not saying “ban YouTube”. What I am saying is that don’t rely on other people to have certain things available. Get permissions to host or post or otherwise have authorization to have access/control over the content so that what when the original goes away, it has no impact.

Make sense?

You can’t rely on someone else to keep something up.

But you can’t really rely on YYE either, due to the fact that YYE has so much other stuff to do, too. I mean, wouldn’t it be kind of tedious if every product that they sell, they had to find a promo vid, and when they did find one, they had to upload it to their account? And when they had a copyright problem, wouldn’t they have to go through a lot a problems? It just doesn’t see… I don’t know… realistic, I guess.

Permissions can be obtained.

They don’t have to have a video for every product, but when they do choose to use one, they need to have it in a manner where they can have some sort of control over it. This way, random acts of “account closures” don’t impact the site as a whole.

For myself, on my site, I flat out own the rights to all video and photos posted with the exception of 1, which I have permission to use.

With Andre and the people that surround him, He can easily come up with any promo vid he could want. I mean his face is what brings the people to this site. Having his face in a promo vid would only make sense.

True…