Video Prodution Contest, hosted by PandaJoe.

I am hosting, and will be participating in, a video contest. This is not a contest for the best tricks or longest combo. No. This will be a contest on the most well produced video. I’m really sick of seeing videos that just aren’t good. Its either low string visibility, or bad angles, or bad quality, or all of the above. So, I’m giving everyone an excuse to pull out all the stops.

Since I am going to be competing as well, this will be a poll contest. Voters, keep the following in mind: This contest is about the production, not necessarily just the tricks. The things you need to look for are as follows:

1. Lighting and string visibility- If these fundamental things aren’t there, then the video overall is just not as good.

2. A theme or focus- Examples would be a rejection focus or a laceration focus. Or a theme such as an odd color scheme. These aren’t necessary but are cool subjects for a video.

3. Multiple angles- When producing a yoyo video, the main idea is to show everyone that your tricks are the best. But you wont get the full effect of the trick if you have one boring, linear angle. Ideally, you want massive coverage.

4. Special lighting- Specialty lighting, something that sets the tone of the video is good too. It isn’t a must, but it is something to watch for.

5. Setting- Good setting: A city. Boring setting: A blank wall. Good setting: the woods or a creek. Boring setting: Your dad’s garage.

These are just some of the big ones. I’ll re-post these on the contest thread.

The contest will be two weeks from tomorrow, Monday, November 29th. If you would like to be a part of this, PM me.

i wonder what’ll brett do…
his vids are always so clear and amazing

i agree

I’ve always put a half effort job in most of my videos at one point. I might do this, just to see how good of a video I can make.

Cool. On a slightly off topic note, i think you me and Xdohl should all do a video for the YoYoExpertTutorials channel. Yay, or nay?

Yay. I’ll get mine up on Friday. I have a good easy fundamental trick that everyone should know to go onto YYET.

Oh cool, but i was talking about a group demo vid. XD