Video Games: Minecraft

A thread to talk about Minecraft! Its always been one of my favourite games; after being into legos as a kid, I later got into the less expensive video game version when I found out about it.

Heres the build Im chipping away at when im bored:

5 Likes

I love Minecraft! I have a toddler and an infant so don’t get to play as much as I’d like but I do still get to do a little grinding here and there.

Very cool build!

2 Likes

Yo thank you! One day maybe you could play together with them, that be fun im sure. What project are you grinding away at?

That’s the hope! Last time I played, I used moss and bonemeal to dig out a 37x37 hole from sea level to bedrock. Took so many hours. I had hoped to make it into my storage room but haven’t had a chance to get back to it yet. Soon enough…

Ooh nice, send a screenshot when you feel like, wonder how that will turn out. Do you have further plans for a base?

1 Like

I will definitely try when I can. It’s at home on the Xbox. I’m thinking I want to start a new world actually since the update. I love early game survival for some reason. Haha. I tend to get bored of worlds once I’ve done end busting and all that. I’d really like to get better at building. I should probably play creative more. Especially with my lack of time.

1 Like

Minecraft is a great escape. I never got to have legos because they’re so darn expensive. Getting Minecraft and having it be essentially infinite legos with a survival aspect was crazy. Dang. I might hop on my general build tonight.

1 Like

Yea, after youre geared out its mostly about the creative building, the only reason I still build in survival anymore is because its relaxing. Just get yourself a creative world for testing out stuff and when a build idea comes to mind, try to realize it. Improving comes with just trying out stuff, wondering “Will this work, can I do that?”, and watching tutorials/content as guides for building techniques, and for getting inspired of course. I recommend “Building with Bdouble0” on Youtube and the Hermitcraft server members in general. Can see that being a bit too much time investment though…

(Sorry for the unsolicited textwall)

Very strong agree! Whats that general build youre working on?

1 Like

I remember buying Minecraft when it was still in beta. I’m pretty sure it’s the reason I almost failed out last semester of college lol

3 Likes

I have a couple. One is a general spawn I’m planning on expanding on starting with a central village. That’s new so all I have is an adorable cottage in a massive, swampy cavern.

The other build is a flat world but it’s a small city with some small regular homes, but also places from real life and TV. My childhood home, the Crossroads motel, the bar from Cheers, the Meyers house. I’m starting a layout for the Golden Girls house.

2 Likes

I love bdubs!! And doc and etho. All of them really. Definitely a great source of inspo

1 Like

I remember in the 2015s I used play and watch minecraft a lot and one of my favorite nostalgia about minecraft is the videos like jelly (skyblock series), real vs minecraft (where they compare real life vs minecraft blocks) and etc.

still a decent game

Michael Myers childhood house? In Haddonfield?

That sounds cool, can you post a screenshot?

tfw never merged my minecraft account into a mojang account, and the ability to do that ended a long time ago. So I have no mojang account to migrate to being a microsoft, so basically I’ve just lost access to a game I purchased. I guess you could argue buying the game in 2009 was buying a completely different game than what’s currently available.

But still, aren’t modern video games are cool :upside_down_face:

Minecraft seems kinda wild now, the last time I played was the 2010 update when biomes and the nether first got added.

1 Like

@mable Sorry to hear that. I never got a migration email from nexon when they sold Combat Arms to Valofe… I lost $1200 of ingame items. When I messaged them I was told “everyone got an email” and to kick sand basically.

I check my email inbox and junk folder half a dozen times everyday even on vacations… I double triple checked with the search function and confirmed I never got an email.

I’d mostly play in the summer time and the last time I logged in was fall right before the transfer… come next spring or summer time I find out it was too late only had a 4 month window to transfer… Nexowned :cry:

1 Like

Idk if anyone who wasn’t there will get how cool Minecraft was when it came out. It’s still cool but they certainly changed it a lot with all the updates. Doesn’t feel like the same game.

I remember literally putting two full weeks of playtime. I truly mean 336 or 360 hours of in game time into Minecraft in a month when it first came out. I just could not stop it was so good

3 Likes

Java version is far superior to the janked up “bedrock” crap micro-sawft has been oozing out. I hate how much micro transaction junk there is now. It’s insane how popular it still is though. I bought it when it was still in beta and have played it all the way up to today. It’s nuts. I don’t play as much as I used to but my girlfriend and I have a local server build that we’ll binge on for a while and then stop and do other things and then binge on it again, etc. It’s still super fun.

2 Likes

Oh dont get me started… (Here I go)

One of the worst parts are the parity issues between versions. Some things I accept have to be diffrent due to bedrock being available for a
large variety of platforms and therefore multiple input devices, but some things just dont make sense at all. Like theyre not even a consequence of the diffrent programming languages either, just random version diffrences for no reason.

The Micro-transaction stuff isnt the best either… Of course there are some pros for creators, but it just feels forced into the game. Especially when its all free on java. Just pulling money from kids who dont know any better?

Its a part of the Microsoft aquisition I assume, like the recent chat-reporting features, which if enforced would be, well… At least they only really work on realms, the one place where its ok for them to enforce their rules, even though it doesnt even work well there either.

On the topic of money making, I saw when you buy the game, they offer a “premium” bundle with minecoins and other useless goodies.

Lastly the name change, “declaring” bedrock the main version of the game. I dunno, the version that all the cool kids play on has always been java (Cool kids = most of the technical community and the skilled builders), the one with the “main” legacy and history. The popular version on YouTube and other social media. Kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It is the less profitable one, I guess?

(What a waffle, that was necessary (Enough with the negativity now…))