Video Games: Minecraft

My son is 10 and has been playing for a couple years.

I just recently started playing and am learning. Kind of humbling when teacher becomes the student. But having a lot of fun.

We are on PS4 and are playing a Easy Survival World.

I am making him play. Meaning, no creative mode or cheats. I noticed on his other worlds, when he had everything at his finger tips, he would get bored quick.

Trying to introduce him to the “Grind”. Like back in the day when you had to play straight through. There wasn’t any save slots.

We couldn’t watch others play, unless you were on the couch next to them. He is always watching YouTube for new ideas.

Overall I am enjoying it, but know I have just scratched the surface.

3 Likes

It remains my favorite, even though it has flaws, like other games. It has something so compelling with the endless possibilities and the freedom to be creative.
Ever thought about getting further inside the world of Minecraft? Because in this, there is a whole universe of mods, texture packs, and even shaders waiting to be discovered. It is quite amazing what this stuff can do for your gaming experience and freshen up the game.
For example, have you ever tried an xray texture pack or shaders? They will make you experience the game world completely differently and seek new ways of exploring and discovering it.

2 Likes

Minecraft as a platform is amazing! Theres even an entire MMORPG Minecraft server, Wynncraft! :smiley: