Video Game Thread

Still at the part right after glados turns into a potato and you hear Cave Johnson.

I loved Portal 2. Glados is one of my favourite video game characters ever and the co-op mode is great!

Yuki

It’s in my top 3! in no order.

nfs Most wanted
portal 2
Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal.

I prefer the PC.

Cave is one of my favorite characters ever. My top 3 goes:
1.Joker (voiced by Mark Hamill)
2. Wheatley ( He was hilarious to me)
3. Cave ( Don’t make lemonade)

Tf2 cause of hats and micspamm (like the good kind)
Dante inferno
Deus ex (all of them)
Silent hill (favorite series but I hate homecoming and downpour)
Also pc master race

What games on Steam would you guys recomend? I broke my ps2, but I have a decent computer. It’s a Macbook Pro. I’m playing portal on vacation at my cousins house, so when we leave, I’ll just be on a computer. My parents don’t like excessive violence, so no games like black ops or stuff like that. Is skyrim good? how about garry’s mod and terraria? hl2? I have no idea. I’ve been out of the video game community since about the ps3 came out.

team fortress,hl2 and some gmod and portal well do you good for first time on steam.

There is a game that came out on Steam yesterday that seems really interesting. I’ve seen videos of it. It’s called Gunpoint. In the game you are a secret agent who has hyper pants that makes it to where you can jump insanely high and you can stand on the ceiling. Well you have to go through a building to hack a device. As you go through you can rewrite devices to disable guards and cameras. It’s hard because one shot kills an the guards shoot fast. So if they see you your basically dead. Did I mention it was 2d and has a level editor installed.

So this isn’t a steam thing but another thing you can get the the “Humble Indie Bundle”. It’s 5 games and all of there soundtracks and you pay whatever you want for them. If you pay over the average, which is about 6 dollars right now, you get 6 more games and 5 more soundtracks. The charity that does this does something like this pretty often so you can get some good games if you keep up with them. Btw the game Thomas was Alone I that bundle is amazing. Honestly due to that I game I bonded with rectangles. Long story play the game.

Finally beat Portal 2!

Consoles: Xbox 360 and PC

Favorite games: Call of Duty Franchise, Assassin’s Creed, Hitman games, and League of Legends.

Just finished up Dishonored and the Campaign on CoD MW2 for Xbox 360. Now I’m working on Assassin’s Creed 3 (it’s pretty hard) lol. I’m waiting on CoD Black Ops in the mail now.

I just got my Xbox Live back if anyone wants to add me. Gamertag: Spinvious

I discontinued my XBL subscription last year. Just wasn’t playing enough online to make it worthwhile any more. Been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat lately. Loving the over the top ultra violence.

Yuki

If you like Mortal Combat and a big DC Comics fan, you will love Injustice: Gods Among Us. It’s a really good game, and you don’t have to have an XBL account.

1 Like

Bought another ps2. Still my favorite console. Came with a whole bunch of games that I have to beat.

Ratchet and Clank
God of War
Socom 2
Gran Turismo 3

and more, those are just off the top of my head

1 Like

What are some other GOOD games similar to Dishonored, Skyrim, CoD… I know those aren’t exactly the same but… You know what I mean. First person shooters I guess.

I used to have Goldeneye 007: Reloaded on my modded Xbox 360 but, now, I need to buy it for my Slim. Anyone have it that want’s to let it go?

Deus ex: human revolution

Ill check it out.

Ok. Watching videos of Bioshock Infinite… It looks amazing! I think I’ll be picking it up soon.

Consider the “Metro” series of games if you really enjoyed Dishonored. I wouldn’t draw a direct comparison between their plots or atmosphere, but they do share the same attention to detail, general gameplay mechanics, and the obscene amount of fun.

Also, if you want something super-fun and just play ridiculous, Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are both amazing games. I’ve played each one for close to 300 hours and would be happy to walk you through all the “ins-and-outs”. If you want something with near infinite replay value that’s going to keep you occupied for months/years, Borderlands is perfect for you.