velocity yoyo problems

So I bought a new velocity yoyo :smiley: but not for long. one of the dial side came hard to move. To short the story I found out about removing the the nails and I did I removed every thing every part and reassembled it so the next it happened again so I removed them again but after moving the dial to easy and I press on it . It close up that’s the problem and the string stuck btw the holders and the bearing and after 2 days of playing with it became slow so I put on it a few drops of olive oil(I don’t have lube) so it became slower so those are my 2 problems hope someone anwsers.

Uh yeah olive oil is going to make your yoyo play absolutely terrible.

Lubing a yoyo slows it down and makes it more responsive. As to the string issue it looks like you’ve got the response bits adjusted too far out of the shell and the string is stuck behind them. Are you sure you reassembled it correctly?

Yes I did it 10 times but that’s not my main prob it only happens with my homemade strings what should I do about the pressing part it only happens in one side and and one part of it. Well. To make things simple it is my first yo-yo so I don’t really know a lot, but I watched a lot of yo-yo videos . Beside what can I use for lube(what can I exchange it with)

what exactly did you remove from the yoyo? could you post a picture?

if your homemade string is sliping between the bearing and bearing seat, it is possible you made it too thin. try with more threads.

It’s been a while since I throw’d my Velocity…, As far as I remember, it was a great Yo-Yo if you knew how to keep it up and maintain it. From the posted pic by the OP, I would suggest that the 3 adjustable prongs need to be relined up with the little holes on the Yo-Yo Halves…

But yeah, as I as I remember from my experience with this Yo-Yo. It is one of the best you can get in it’s price range but required A LOT of twerking and tweaking to get it just right for your own style of play. It was probably the best “String Trick Beginner to String Trick Intermediate Transitioner Yo-Yo” I’ve played with but this kind of stuff is why I haven’t recommended it much.

You may want to consider getting a Duncan Butterfly XT with LARGE SG Sticker’d C-Size Bearing Duncan Mod Spacers(*Comes with a KonKave 2) or the YoYoFactory Whip. The Whip is amazing for the price, doubt it not.

[range, butits author=Yo-YoPro link=topic=82175.msg923892#msg923892 date=1424911543]
It’s been a while since I throw’d my Velocity…, As far as I remember, it was a great Yo-Yo if you knew how to keep it up and maintain it. From the posted pic by the OP, I would suggest that the 3 adjustable prongs need to be relined up with the little holes on the Yo-Yo Halves…

But yeah, as I as I remember from my experience with this Yo-Yo. It is one of the best you can get in it’s price thisQuoteDuncan, ModTricks required A LOT of twerking and tweaking to get it just right for your own style of play. It was probably the best “String Trick Beginner to String army Intermediate Transitioner Yo-Yo” I’ve played with but this kind of stuff is why I haven’t recommended it much.

You may want to consider getting a Duncan Butterfly XT with LARGE SG Sticker’d C-Size Bearing Duncan Mod Spacers(*Comes with a KonKave 2) or the YoYoFactory Whip. The Whip is amazing for the price, doubt it not.
[/quote]
Well thx but ami found out it was cracked under the the white things but I really pushed it off limit