noob questions, I'm getting kinda frustrated and need some help

So last week I received my brand new velocity and legacy. Played with both of them but I’m a little more comfortable with the velocity. Now I have a few problems and I’m sure that most of them are the user and not the equipment! =)

1.) The legacy is tug responsive right out of the box and the velocity even with the dials turned all the way down is still tug responsive.

2.) I don’t know why this is and it may be just me, but I can’t seem to get either yoyo to spin long enough to get through a trick, and if I do get through a trick I most definetly wont be getting the yoyo back to my hand as it usually dies or spins out.

3.) I’ve only noticed this on the velocity cause I play with it the most. when I’m doing split the atom right after I get through the second part of it and go to get into the spins my yoyo is always tilting to the right! My throws are straight and theres good spin.

4.)It seems that as soon as I get any amount of string into the gap of the velocity it wants to stop sleeping almost instantly. This is preventing me from doing almost any tricks.

Like I said this may mostly be me but I just want some thought on the subject(s)

1. The legacy and velocity need breakin in since the bearing is probably lubed.

2. Once again the bearing is lubed so just break it in

3. You’re passing the yoyos on the strings to far on the side so it tilts, either that or you’re running out of spin time, if so see above.

4. See #2

Thanks for the reply that’s kinda what I figured, but how long does it take to break in? I probly play with the velocity for sure 2-3 hours a day everyday.

Yea it definitely sounds like the bearing needs breaking in, or you could always clean it with mineral spirits.

But if you clean them and dont relube with thin lube they will be unresponsive, which I dont think you want yet.

I would either keep playing with it or if you want to speed it up put the bearing on a drill and break it in that way. I would just keep on throwing it and let it break in on its own, plus you will get more practice.

I’ve read on here though that it’s unsafe to play with the bearing dry like that.

Its not unsafe. It just won’t last you as long.
I run most of my bearings dry and I do fine.
A little lube never hurt anyone though.

Ok so I cleaned the bearing with spirits and spun it dry with air. I noticed though that the axel bolt in the velocity is loose. Is it supposed to be this way and would it affect playability because it’s loose? I’m assuming that it shouldn’t be that way though.

Not really. That’s why all your bearings are shot. I want my Projam back too.

No it shouldnt I would just finger tighten it back into the yoyo. Also dont worry landing the yoyo on the string without it be cocked to one side just takes some practice but you will get it.