Use proper capitalization and punctuation please!

i’m not an egomaniac, but i feel my perspective is valuable. i don’t feel that my decision not to capitalize really makes things that much harder, but if it takes a modicum of extra energy to take in what i’m trying to say, i’m ok with that. if i commit to putting down a thought, then i think it’s worth it.

i recognize that it’s a part of the rules; one that i guess i will elect not to follow. i feel that said rule is about being clear and intelligible, and i think my posts are. if andré (who is a dear friend for whom i have great respect) disagrees and must ask me to leave, i’ll abide by his decision. however, i don’t feel that my posts are difficult to interpret, having sufficed without issue on 5 other yo-yo boards for the past several years, and i’m not inclined to change the way i prefer to write.

I edited the post. I really don’t want to hear excuses for not typing in correct English. People from other countries have an excuse as English may not be their main language, but people from the United States shouldn’t have an excuse. If you are going to type with incorrect English then do so, but remember, it is still a forum rule that you are choosing to break.

you’re being serious there? really???
and my not capitalizing is an issue???

It really doesn’t work when you are typing with some incorrect grammar, too…

What part of that was incorrect?

The parts that I fixed. Also I think in a couple of places, English should have been replaced with grammar. It’s not necessarily incorrect English, I suppose.

1 Like

Alright then. Thanks, I guess.

It is still all about taking time to write posts. And I have said this before, but I am pretty tired of the use of acronyms and shortenings. When you have all the time in the World to write a post, it should not be necessary to write xcon, x-con, xvict or anything like that instead of X-ConVict (You don’t have to capitalize those exact letters, but YoYoExpert seems to do so). I can stand the use of “PGM”, because Plastic Grind Machine is just annoying to read in the long run. But when it comes to names like Dark Magic (that is 10 buttons to press), I find no reason to cut it down to DM in posts. As said, the chat room is something completely different while it is a live discussion.

Grammar is also really important, but as ed said, as long as it’s readable. I don’t like when words are in the wrong order though, that annoys me.