US National Yoyo Contest 2023

I’ll take a dry 110 over a wet 95. You can’t hide from the heat in Florida only embrace the swamp and sauna everywhere. I have a work event in Orlando in early July snd I’m cursing whoever decided we gotta go to Florida at the hottest time of the year to a formal work event. I’m gonna be real damp in my suit.

I joked about everyone riding bikes to snd from the hotel and the ceo kind of liked the idea… I’m gonna kick myself if that’s now our transportation.

Also I gotta go to some contest or event at some point sounds like a blast.

5 Likes

Yeah dry heat is much more tolerable. I’m just going from air conditioning to air conditioning. I’m not going to be outside if I can help it.
I went to the Jersey shore a few years ago in the summer.:hot_face: humidity is no joke. It’s like living in a steam room. Yuck.

6 Likes

Bring that wonderful attitude! Hah have fun!

2 Likes

YES! We are looking for volunteers for check in (and still need some help from someone running music!)

People can sign up here - it is sectioned off by event/time of day:

Would appreciate any and all help!

7 Likes

If you find me at Nats mention the YYE forums to get a prize!

19 Likes

I signed up for check in on Saturday. I may be able to do it Friday as well but I’m not sure if I will get there by 4. As soon as I get there I will try to ask around and see if I can help in any way.

3 Likes

Told myself last year I would go this year and missed it again lol maybe next year

3 Likes

Yo if anyones at the hotel rn, wanna hang out in the lobby?

1 Like

Up to about 110, I tend to agree with you. When we start talking 120 “dry heat” kinda loses its charm.

I’m debating stopping by Saturday night/Sunday to see what’s up. Hopefully see a few of you there.

1 Like

Oof… waited too long to book the hotel using the block rate. Yikes. Full price it is, I guess :grimacing:

3 Likes

I can’t make it this year, but I’m sending this yoyo with Parker Story. Whoever wins a back-room game of Butterfly H.O.R.S.E gets to take it home!

17 Likes

TOMORROW!!!

8 Likes

Yard work before the National Yo-Yo Contest

on the road soon

12 Likes

Here is the schedule! Gonna watch the live stream!

7 Likes

Couldn’t make it out this year but without a doubt I hope to in the future. Hope you all have safe and fantastic time!

2 Likes

I’m using up my spools of silk that have 1 to 3 wraps of thread left to make some righty strings to give away! Mostly trying to give them to fellow forumites since I won’t have that many. I’ll be wearing a bright orange King Gizzard shirt today so if you see a shaved-head dude with that shirt it’s me!

Edit: I had enough for NINE strings. Gotta stock up on thread again!

6 Likes

5 hour flight delay so far! Im still trying to get to Mesa!

9 Likes

I’m awaiting my flight from Atlanta! Hoping to be there to set up my table this evening.

8 Likes

I’ll be in pink Crocs and tie dye all weekend. Get at me!

6 Likes

Repping throwspiral today if you see me there

Will give you free string project 44 poly + rayon string :slight_smile:

10 Likes